• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I couldn't even imagine the stress of pre season in a one team club.

You're on a knife's edge, but then you sort of are with 2-3 teams anyway. You make that assurance to Subbies, and suddenly you're relying on your fringe blokes to come through.

Kings: Last I heard at the Div meeting they're tossing up Division 6 or Halligan Cup i.e. one team.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
Any updates on trials across the grounds? Standouts? Bloody scorching, so envision a few shortened trials and the beers to taste that much sweeter.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The Vikingades got smashed up by Petersham Fourth* Grade today.

Pfitzy got a beautiful turnover penalty and copped a shoulder in the throat by some young lurker on here, and packed a LOT of scrums.

* If that was Petersham's Fourth Grade I've underestimated how good First Division is, and was clearly drunker than I thought on GF day last year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Did you stay for the 1st Grade game Pfitzy?

Nup - saw a bit of the second grade fixture, and that was of decent quality. If we had about 5 guys from each team at my club, I'd be sorted for the year in Firsts, and win a few trophies while we were at it.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Breakers, BOBs and Iggies trialled in the heat at Porters. Looks like all 3 clubs have plenty of colts, but Iggies and BOBs struggled for numbers a little in grade due to travel and heat.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I hear that Div 3 is going to be a basket case this year.

Not that we can talk; I'm looking at the trial we have up at HAC on Saturday and wondering if the average age of the one team likely to play is going to be under 30.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I hear that Div 3 is going to be a basket case this year.

Not that we can talk; I'm looking at the trial we have up at HAC on Saturday and wondering if the average age of the one team likely to play is going to be under 30.

Elaborate on basket case? I’m hearing HAC and Hawk Valley are struggling for Colts

PapanuiPirate

Frank Row (1)
Pfitzy got a beautiful turnover penalty and copped a shoulder in the throat by some young lurker on here, and packed a LOT of scrums.

Yeah sorry about that mate....

From a Petersham perspective, a great hit out across the board. Not sure the heat did anyone any favours.

The team that faced the Vikingades was a pretty mixed bunch, certainly a few guys who will play higher than 4th grade this year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Elaborate on basket case? I’m hearing HAC and Hawk Valley are struggling for Colts

Valley particularly for Colts - saw them advertising free rego! I'm told a few Iggies guys went across to Epping, and Snives (or Iggies?) are a little unsure how they'll go week to week.

Brothers are all over the shop across the grades despite their miraculous comeback in First Grade last year.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Valley particularly for Colts - saw them advertising free rego! I'm told a few Iggies guys went across to Epping, and Snives (or Iggies?) are a little unsure how they'll go week to week.

Brothers are all over the shop across the grades despite their miraculous comeback in First Grade last year.

Should make for an interesting year then when two weeks from the season openers and half the clubs have fingers crossed players will come out of the wood work.

Meanwhile Mosman is trying to book Halligan Cup games for the next two months!!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Meanwhile Mosman is trying to book Halligan Cup games for the next two months!!

Yep, saw that on FB. Fuck a duck I wish I had that kind of clout.

Talked to HAC about our trial on the weekend - looks like we'll be pencilled in against their Thirds which should meet the level of what we're taking up.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah sorry about that mate..

From a Petersham perspective, a great hit out across the board. Not sure the heat did anyone any favours.

The team that faced the Vikingades was a pretty mixed bunch, certainly a few guys who will play higher than 4th grade this year.

I've heard the Shammies have lost a few key players. Apparently a new 10 is on board. How did he look?

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pfitzy - " was clearly drunker than I thought on GF day last year."

Having been a dedicated pisshead for three decades I can assure you that everyone is drunker than they think they are!!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

No shit - that Fijian guy with the dreads you brought on didn't look like he'd be out of place in most First Grade sides.

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like weather is set to play havoc with final trials for a lot of teams.
It's jacked plenty of training sessions too...

Added to the awkward timing of Easter leading into most rd1s, think there may be a few clubs who could be a little under-done for the start of the season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Struggling to get 15 up to HAC for the weekend anyway, so might be best that way.

Would love a draw to come out some time though...

Status
Not open for further replies.