• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
(Sigh) agree.
When organisations make collective agreements tough decisions that are good for the game are rarely made. Reality is those clubs with large rosters would no doubt increase their registration fees to recover some of the revenue. Money is there to be had however one of the easiest is to increase your roster. Medium to longer term a better product would increase revenue (rising tide lifts all boats et all).

It is a tough sell.

I learned last week that some guys living just near our ground (who played for us in 2020) are heading over to the eastern Suburbs to pay twice the money for half the game time. How do I incentivize them to come play for us when the only real lever I have - entry cost - isn't enough?

I can't magic up a clubhouse, another 5 teams, or a 100-year history out of thin air...

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
To be clear comments above were relating to Prem clubs. The guys leaving your club would not be if the Easts roster was full, and they would likely be paying 4x as much to be selected under a roster cap.
As a Subbies club the incentive would be to play rugby in a competition that is boosted due to less players getting splinters in the Prem comp.

Last edited:

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
In this case they're leaving for another Subbies club, so a roster limit won't apply :)

How are the mighty Renegades looking this year? Last year looked the biggest step in the right direction I remember from the club in a number of years. Do you expect it to continue numbers/results wise?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
How are the mighty Renegades looking this year? Last year looked the biggest step in the right direction I remember from the club in a number of years. Do you expect it to continue numbers/results wise?
Bit early to tell - guys are still working shifts to make up for lost income during Covid last year.

Expecting a couple of teams' worth and a younger group coming through at this stage, as well as some new faces.

Would like to get 3 Grades but we stretched last year to get halligan cup going - getting coaches and managers is the sticking point. With only a handful of div 4 clubs likely to have 3s, it's a tough ask

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bloody wet out here in the western suburbs. Subbies 7s due to go ahead this Saturday pending a wet weather decision... Forecast less than ideal despite low volumes.

1646741251967.png

Last edited:

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
The is not really a forum for this, though it includes Subbies.
Round 1 (1st Grade) games for (NSW+SIRU) competitions where I can find a published draw.

Central Coast Rugby Union - (waiting draw)
Central West Rugby Union - 23rd April (waiting draw)
New England Rugby Union - (waiting draw)
Western Plains Rugby Union - (waiting draw)
Mid North Coast Rugby Union - (waiting draw)
Far North Coast Rugby Union - (waiting draw)

Round 01 Games 2022.png

Last edited:

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Subbies Draws are up where available:

Div 1: https://rugbyresults.fusesport.com/competitions.asp?compID=1342202&id=989

Div 2: https://rugbyresults.fusesport.com/competitions.asp?compID=1342204&id=989

Divs 4-6 to be determined early April once teams are finalised.
Got the full draws for Div. 1 & 2. Combining them all so I can select a date/week and easily see what games are on and maybe do a bit of travelling to NSW Country for a game or two. Interesting how some of the country comps start relatively early.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Trials kicking off this weekend for a lot of clubs. I might end up at hooker for a couple of sessions just to remind me how unfit I am... Sunday should be fun

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Trial cancelled. Wet weather, a potential move, then no move, but some players in iso and some waiting on COVID tests.

Going to make a stressful season if we keep having to dance around potential isolation issues...