• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Rebels Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
For those coming to The Local Taphouse make sure you aren't wearing your jersey. They don't let people in if you are wearing one.
It happened to a couple of friends if mind after the trial match.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For those coming to The Local Taphouse make sure you aren't wearing your jersey. They don't let people in if you are wearing one.

That's new if that's the case.

I've been there plenty of times before games in the past couple of seasons in my jersey.

Will heed your advice at least to get in on Friday.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I think the security guard was saying that after 8pm you can't be jersey'd up....but if someone could check with them it would be ace...though don't forget that fateful night @matty_k there was another guy there in a jersey...double standards I say!

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
I shall be in attendance. I'm pretty sure @waratahjesus is up for beverages pre, during & post.

Would be great to hear from @waratahjesus on these pages again one day. He was a beacon during some very dire seasons and his Waratahs - Positivity Thread remains one of my favs that fortunately we haven't had to rely on to sustain us too much lately. It's comforting to know that it's there though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The small room on the first floor of The Local Taphouse booked for 5:00pm on Friday, the one with the big table. Right next to the bar... ;)

5PM? Might need to kick off a bit earlier than that if I have the whole day to myself after dropping the kids at school...

If you can't make the Taphouse, I'll be somewhere in Bays 54-55 for those who wish to be dazzled by my wit, poise, and charm.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If you can't make the Taphouse, I'll be somewhere in Bays 54-55 for those who wish to be dazzled by my wit, poise, and charm.

I think it's safe to assume all those between bays 45 and 65 will all experience said charm regardless of if they want it or not.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I'll be there! I believe @moses and @gibbo will be as well

Anything to do with the dribbles of vomit down the front of them?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs team:

1. Kepu
2. Polota-Nau
3. Ryan
4. Skelton
5. Douglas
6. Potgieter
7. Hooper
8. Dennis
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Betham
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Alofa
15. Folau

16. Latu
17. Tilse
18. Robinson
19. Palu
20. Hoiles
21. McKibbin
22. Horne
23. Carraro

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Kepu over Ryan was the obvious swap after the talk this week about improving the set piece.

How has Horne been going?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Kepu over Ryan was the obvious swap after the talk this week about improving the set piece.

How has Horne been going?

He's been fine when he's got on, he just hasn't had much opportunity yet.

I'm unsure why he wasn't given more minutes against the Reds once the game was sewn up.

I also thought he should have been given a crack against the Brumbies after Beale got smashed by the early tackle. He was struggling for the rest of the game after that.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Thanks, he is too good to be getting no minutes. Send him to the Force to spread the talent. Lance could easily come onto the bench in Hornes spot and provide similar cover.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If he wants to play 12 and I do think that is his best position after last season, there are a bucketload of quality options around Australia currently.

Godwin is excellent for the Force, Inman has done well for the Rebels then you've got McCabe at the Brumbies, Leali'ifano still injured, and the current Wallaby 12, Matt To'omua playing 10. The Reds have three Wallabies in Harris, Tapuai and Fainga'a fighting it out for the 12 jersey.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Poor Horne he should have gone elsewhere to get more time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
A couple of real surprises in that side! Cheika obviously very keen to keep Ryan's work rate & aggression on the paddock, but had a scrum to fix. I know he plays both sides, and loose head is generally regarded as easier than tight head, so maybe it will work. If not he can always run Robbo straight on.
Palu to the bench is a surprise though, effectively replaced by big Willy. A great opportunity for the young fella, but tough on Palu, who for mine has been in great form. I would have been more inclined to drop Dennis, but I guess as captain it was never going to happen.
Foley keeps his spot despite a poor game last week, although I think he is the player best equipped to execute Cheika's game plan, so he will be trying very hard to keep him there.
There's no doubt reputations mean nothing to Cheika, but then we saw that last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.