• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Rebels Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Damm, they will be missed. Didn't realize Cruze was ahead of Eddie in the pecking order, thought his aggression would have been very useful off the bench.

Would start with Smith and Lahiff (an play both sides) and have PAE and Eddie on the bench.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Would like to see Kingston start at fullback and Timani and Reid on the bench!

No lock cover at all? Pretty risky. It's different to starting Jones at 6 then asking him to play the last 20 minutes at lock.

Has Kingston actually played any fullback?

D

daz

1. Toby Smith
2. Pat Leafa
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Luke Jones
6. Sean McMahon
7. Scott Fuglistaller
8. Scott Higginbotham (C)
9. Luke Burgess
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Tom English
12. Mitch Inman **
13. Tamati Ellison
14. Lachlan Mitchell ***
15. Angus Roberts
16. Shota Horie
17. Max Lahiff
18. Cruze Ah-Nau *
19. Cadeyrn Neville
20. Colby Fainga'a
21. Ben Meehan
22. Male Sa'u *
23. Tom Kingston
* denotes potential Super Rugby debut
** denotes 50th Super Rugby appearances
*** denotes 50th Rebels cap

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
If Kingston starts there'll be battles between old St Aloysius boys (Foley and Kingston), old St Pius boys (Hooper and Jones). If Weeks hadn't dropped out there'd also be a Joeys matchup (with three of them in the Tahs side to my knowledge).

But can they kick right-footed?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If Kingston starts there'll be battles between old St Aloysius boys (Foley and Kingston), old St Pius boys (Hooper and Jones). If Weeks hadn't dropped out there'd also be a Joeys matchup (with three of them in the Tahs side to my knowledge).

Burgess for Joeys

Waverley with Tom English and Hoiles

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
boyo's on the money, too many Catholics. Soon they'll be everywhere: Cheika, Foley (2), Abbott, Hockey, Turnbull, O'Farrell and, GG-to-be, Cosgrove. What's the world coming to?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
cannot believe they have picked roberts at FB over kingston. FFS.

perhaps further evidence of the field position ie kick it, philosophy of the coach

caderyn neville

Yeah, I was talking to madmave who mentioned wanting both Reid and Timani on the bench. Roberts is a surreal selection. Him kicking to Folau, Betham, Beale, Foley and Alofax2 is going to be a bloodbath.

No Stirzaker on the bench either, I thought he was back this week? He's much better than Meehan.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Reckon Stirzy will get some minutes into the legs before rejoining the fold.

Burggess has been a fine starter, and the 10 minute cameos from Meehan suggest we won't be too poorly placed in that department.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

perhaps further evidence of the field position ie kick it, philosophy of the coach
Good, kick it to Issie seems to be the plan, seems reasonable to me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I've heard some noise that Kingston is playing through something hence his recent relegation - will keep you updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Wasn't that the resurrection?

Resurrection for the Tahs backline comes six days after the death in Canberra.

Jeez I hope so. I'm just drooling at the thought of it! A couple of times last week Betham got some space and was almost gone. Alofa didn't get too many chances last week but that guy has a better step than Izzy. Five metres of room and he'll be gone. I can't believe they'll try it but if they do it'll be a massacre.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
That was a brain freeze Dumbledore...I was thinking of the big brother Timani...I would be happy with Lopeti or Jordy on the bench. Now that I have seen the team list I am seriously considering sitting home and poking my eyes out with a sharp pencil. I think it might be less painful than watching the game!!

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I really think this might be a complete bloodbath. The Roberts selection has me very, very, worried.

Extremely worried to, Roberts must be doing something right on the training field because so far he has done nothing on the pitch to deserve his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.