• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Rebels Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Extremely worried to, Roberts must be doing something right on the training field because so far he has done nothing on the pitch to deserve his place.
Yep. The other thing is though, his game is predicated around kicking right? Ignoring the fact that he's got a pop-gun boot, kicking to this Tahs back-three is suicide. It's just insane. And even trying to grind out a territory battle against an enormous Tahs pack is a seriously risky business. What's the rationale for the selection?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure if this has been covered, but those heading to the game, be aware it clashes with the MLB game on at the SCG.

So far this year we have had clashes with the BBL semi final and Mardi Gras as well.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yep. The other thing is though, his game is predicated around kicking right? Ignoring the fact that he's got a pop-gun boot, kicking to this Tahs back-three is suicide. It's just insane. And even trying to grind out a territory battle against an enormous Tahs pack is a seriously risky business. What's the rationale for the selection?

Much rather risk the Tahs pack compared to kick the ball to the backs all day. Our kicking has been so crap, kick offs are always to deep, missing touch is driving me crazy as well. First game I am watching on TV and not going to this season, might be buying a new TV this Saturday if we play like the last two weeks.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rebels not to score is a big call. Will give u a 55-15 win is a chance. 40 - 0 not likely.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

Can't believe Roberts is on your books, let alone starting ahead of Kingston who offers more in both attack and the other side of the ball. Pull your socks up Tony. Could probably use Timani on the bench too.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
36-15 - Hooper MoM
With the size of the pack the NSW has selected he will be running all night - you will see him everywhere.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think they are being cautious of Kingston who has been spotted in the recovery room after pretty much every match but no formal release on the condition

Bloody Roberts needs a miracle of a game against Folau...good luck Rebels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I expect the Rebels to make this game a messy shit fight.

Strong defence, lots of units hurled at the breakdown, their big centres rushing up and in, lots of toed through ball from rucks, Phipps to be under lots of preasure etc etc

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If our forwards can't suffocate their ball, expect Beale to cop a flogging from Inman running at him all night.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yep,but the Tahs are going to get the ball as well.
If Inman bites too hard,he will leave holes,if he doesn't,he will have to make decisions.
I don't think he is good at that.
Inman can very easily bash the fuck out of KB (Kurtley Beale) and be humiliated by him in the same game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If our forwards can't suffocate their ball, expect Beale to cop a flogging from Inman running at him all night.

The positive about Beale being smashed last week was his attitude, he got up after being smashed and continued to have a go and contribute.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Surely we have a better "backup" fullback than Roberts. Kingston or Rokobaro? Roberts may have been selected because the kicking games of English and Mitchell are virtually non-existent. (Not that Roberts kicking game is great). He may develop into a Super Rugby quality player but at this stage he is not starting XV quality.

I am looking forward to seeing how Male Sa'u goes when he gets a run.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Rebels could be reverting to easy beats we have been , hopefully play up tempo against a big pack , do they wonder why they score late in games ? beacuse the others are stuffed, our weakness is our youth , our strenght is our youth , run them all day , dont take goal kicks unless a sure thing , dont give them the ball back by kicking it to them all day and kill ourselves by having to tackle them .

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
It will be interesting to see how long Skelton can last the pace in this game. The Rebels will look to keep the tempo up to move our big pack around. Could be a great indication of where his fitness is at this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.