• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Rebels Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Not sure if this has been covered, but those heading to the game, be aware it clashes with the MLB game on at the SCG.

So far this year we have had clashes with the BBL semi final and Mardi Gras as well.
It's only the Australian team and they aren't playing the full strength Diamondbacks. Shouldn't be that bigger crowd.

When did the Tah's clash with the Big Bash? And the Mardi Gras, while on the night was in the city while the Tah's played at Homebush.....

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Season launch and Trial V Blues clashed with Sixers games on at the SCG. I know the Reds game was far away from Mardi Gras, but scheduling during large events (especially when the event is on at the SCG) only diminishes the possible attendance.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
but scheduling during large events (especially when the event is on at the SCG) only diminishes the possible attendance.

So that's the excuse this season? Your playing attacking rugby and not getting the crowd so it's about scheduling.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There's no excuse for the poor crowds, but short of having 18th century press gangs sweeping the local suburbs, it's the short term reality.

I'm not criticising the current Waratahs team for the situation that exists. Suffice to say that the actions of past Waratahs administrators and coaches (and players) caused many supporters to stop coming, and the figures suggest that most of them are yet to come back.

I'm there most home games with the kids (I won't be there this week as I have a work commitment), but there's obviously a lot of others who simply are out of the habit of watching them play and it seems that it's going to take a lot of time and effort to get them back.

It's disappointing, but probably indicative of the health of the game in this city at the moment.

The old slogan about the customer always being right hasn't yet penetrated NSWRU.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Season launch and Trial V Blues clashed with Sixers games on at the SCG. I know the Reds game was far away from Mardi Gras, but scheduling during large events (especially when the event is on at the SCG) only diminishes the possible attendance.
The Sixers game was two days before the Tahs game, no excuse for low crowds there. And you can't blame the Mardi Gras for no one turning up to Homebush. It's a different audience. The Tah's need better marketing. I just got a text from them saying to come along tonight. It's no good targeting the people who already have a season pass. They need to hit the people who used to members and haven't renewed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Sixers game was two days before the Tahs game, no excuse for low crowds there. And you can't blame the Mardi Gras for no one turning up to Homebush. It's a different audience. The Tah's need better marketing. I just got a text from them saying to come along tonight. It's no good targeting the people who already have a season pass. They need to hit the people who used to members and haven't renewed.

The Big Bash reference was the fact that the Big Bash final would have been at the SCG at the same time as the Tahs had their trial at the SFS against the Blues.

The Sixers lost their semi final so the final was in Perth and the issue never eventuated.

It was only a potential clash.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
So that's the excuse this season? Your playing attacking rugby and not getting the crowd so it's about scheduling.

Several years of Hickey and Foley pissing away any good will with a talented team given a dire strategic plan (play not to lose) to follow.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I share the views of the Rebels fans here, we kick it all night and we will be cut to pieces. Think the pack battle might be closer than anticipated and we keep the pigs moving around we could get an upper hand.

Locking in the 11:30pm replay for tonight. Go Rebels.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Who is the coaching/selection genius who put a natural left foot kick (without a right kick it seems) on the right wring for the Rebels?
We are a dumb rugby nation these days.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Great attempted tackle on Alofa by Roberts as he scored try ... not. Missed penalty and out on full by Hegarty. Awesome start not.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hope Mitchell is ok, was a good tackle just unlucky to be up against the whole forward pack clearing out.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Rebels defense is good, attack on the other hand is quite pedestrian. Don't see how they will score any tires in the backs.

T

tranquility

Waratahs looks very wasteful tonight!

Rebels just need to play smart, and take the points on offer and they should be a well in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.