• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Rebels Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Right, two teams with narrow losses to good sides last week. It's back home for the Tahs, they need to get back on the horse (lousy pun after Saturday's match) and not lose what they had going after one loss.
Team will be interesting, you've got to think that Kepu will start, probably no other changes. For mine, I would be comfortable to see Hoiles replace Dennis and Hooper to captain once again, but it won't happen. Beale has another big, straight running 12 in front of him again this week in Inman, wonder if Cheika is tempted to start Horne?

Reactions: Tip

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Right, two teams with narrow losses to good sides last week. It's back home for the Tahs, they need to get back on the horse (lousy pun after Saturday's match) and not lose what they had going after one loss.
Team will be interesting, you've got to think that Kepu will start, probably no other changes. For mine, I would be comfortable to see Hoiles replace Dennis and Hooper to captain once again, but it won't happen. Beale has another big, straight running 12 in front of him again this week in Inman, wonder if Cheika is tempted to start Horne?

I thought that was a rather good pun :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I hope he has his scrum timing honed. He was awfully ponderous last night. Otherwise, he's OK.

Anything would be better than the ref we had on Friday night at the Scrum . Think his missed the 'how to identify boring' class at ref school.

From the Rebels our injury report comes out today. Woodward (knee) and Weeks (head knock) are the doubtful ones, but according to a Rebels FB post they are both looking good for the weekend.

We both have a few feet in both camps here so will be interesting to see if any of that type of rivalry rears its ugly head this weekend. A think a few positional changes will be made, if there are no forced injury changes. I think Shota will swap with Pat and Tom will swap with Gus.

Battle of the halfbacks could be interesting. Lot of speculation about Nic White being first halfback choice (on form, he's looking good) and Genia's form. Could be a chance for Luke or Nick to shine here.

Scott has had a tough couple of weeks but I think he did well against the 'best' player in the world last weekend (Kieran Read). Even against a tough NSW pack, look for a big game from him. I just hope we keep more ball in hand this weekend (i.e. keep it away from izzy) and the idea of rush defense could be a good one.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
I'd like to see kepu start, and beale to come off the bench.

Dennis was pretty timid against the brumbies it's a pity he is captain otherwise he probably would have been benched.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hopefully McKibbon starts this week, he is so much quicker to the breakdown than Phipps and that suits the Tahs style

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I agree that Kepu has to start.

I think Dennis getting dropped for Hoiles is an absolute long shot though and I don't think it should happen.

I thought Dennis had a decent game against the Brumbies. I agree he should have taken the easy 3 points with 10 minutes to go and looked to win the game with a converted try.

Dennis needs to be busier at the breakdown and make more tackles but I thought he ran the ball well and is an important part of our lineout.

Hoiles didn't really do anything wrong when he came on but he also didn't have much impact.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the important question is where are drinks this Friday night and who apart from @daz are coming up from Melbourne?

@cyclopath @gagger @barbarian @fatprop @lindommer @shtinatina @lee grant @pfitzy

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So the important question is where are drinks this Friday night and who apart from @daz are coming up from Melbourne?

@cyclopath @gagger @barbarian @fatprop @lindommer @shtinatina @lee grant @pfitzy

I'm out this weekend, got a triva night beer night at my kids school. Bad form, I know :( Hoping for plenty of beer-influenced updated over GAGR.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Most of the kicking for position on Saturday was very poor. Foley's pop gun is just not up to Super standard. I wonder whether Cheik might think about putting Crawford on one wing just so we have a decent clearing and penalty kicker. Crawford must now be up to speed after his rehab. Tough on Betham or Alofa but we lost a lot by comparison with Mogg and White.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah I'm in. Might take Friday off and public transport the fuck out of it so I can drink.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah I'm in. Might take Friday off and public transport the fuck out of it so I can drink.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I maybe at the game, but it will be with the misses, so pre game drinks may not be on our mutual agendas.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tell her that the most charming bloke in the Tahs' membership base will be there to offset Barbarian's rampant and youthly ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.