• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Rebels Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Most of the kicking for position on Saturday was very poor. Foley's pop gun is just not up to Super standard. I wonder whether Cheik might think about putting Crawford on one wing just so we have a decent clearing and penalty kicker. Crawford must now be up to speed after his rehab. Tough on Betham or Alofa but we lost a lot by comparison with Mogg and White.
He has been playing in the A team for three weeks.
And struggling......

D

daz

So the important question is where are drinks this Friday night and who apart from @daz are coming up from Melbourne?

@cyclopath @gagger @barbarian @fatprop @lindommer @shtinatina @lee grant @pfitzy

Sorry boys and girls, just had my schedule changed on me and as a result I will not be able to travel up. To quote Adam Gilcrist, "I'm out".

Besides, I spoke to Mitch Inman after last week's game and he isn't available for a romantic post-game late supper in Sydney, so really, what's the point of going even if I could?

:p

Reactions: BPC

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Besides, I spoke to Mitch Inman after last week's game and he isn't available for a romantic post-game late supper in Sydney, so really, what's the point of going even if I could?

:p

The same type of romantic post-game supper with the Sydney GAGR crew (read: more Beer and a Souvlaki on the way home to the Hotel).

D

daz

The same type of romantic post-game supper with the Sydney GAGR crew (read: more Beer and a Souvlaki on the way home to the Hotel).

I've had plenty of late night's with the Sydney GAGR crew, and not one of them comes within a country mile of romantic.

Fuzzy and bawdy, yes. Romantic? Have you met half of those guys?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I've had plenty of late night's with the Sydney GAGR crew, and not one of them comes within a country mile of romantic.

Fuzzy and bawdy, yes. Romantic? Have you met half of those guys?

Sadly, no. Hopefully when the 'Tahs come down I can show some basic Melbourne hospitality and find out first-hand. i get the feeling it won't be particularly romantic...

D

daz

Sadly, no. Hopefully when the 'Tahs come down I can show some basic Melbourne hospitality and find out first-hand. i get the feeling it won't be particularly romantic.

Most of those guys don't come to Melbourne. Partly because they are on the AQIS watch-list, but mostly because their alien life-forms can't survive outside of the Sydney Metro area.

:D

T

Tip

It's back home for the Tahs, they need to get back on the horse (lousy pun after Saturday's match)
Don't sell yourself short mate, any puns a good pun on teh interwebs

Beale has another big, straight running 12 in front of him again this week in Inman, wonder if Cheika is tempted to start Horne?

Chieka clearly favours two playmakers. If you want to add some starch to the inside centre channel without changing the team dynamic too much then Jonno Lance would be a perfect solution. His kicking game could also take the pressure off Foley who had a shocker with the boot on Saturday.

I maybe at the game, but it will be with the misses, so pre game drinks may not be on our mutual agendas.
Perhaps a re-creation of a certain Carton Mid ad could be on the cards. Just replace the holiday with "a bite to eat before the game at pub near by".

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Both teams to rebound this week. Reckon the Rebs will be really up for this one.

The tahs SHOULD win but will they???? Or will we'lwatch their historic inconsistency unfold.

Keps to definitely start.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The small room on the first floor of The Local Taphouse booked for 5:00pm on Friday, the one with the big table. Right next to the bar..... ;)

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
With a game of baseball on at the SCG on Friday night as well, traffic in the area will be a treat!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With a game of baseball on at the SCG on Friday night as well, traffic in the area will be a treat!!

Hopefully the crowd expected for that isn't that big (certainly nowhere near as big as the actual MLB games on Saturday and Sunday).

It's still going to be a lot of people around that precinct.

My suggestion. Get to the Local Taphouse early!

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Hopefully the crowd expected for that isn't that big (certainly nowhere near as big as the actual MLB games on Saturday and Sunday).

It's still going to be a lot of people around that precinct.

My suggestion. Get to the Local Taphouse early!

I'm working at ANZ Stadium on Friday so I have to somehow drive from Homebush to Moore Park. Not sure if I can do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.