• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The All-Airport XV.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Dismal, I would like to propose following the Airport XV that we go for the sloppy rig or dad-bod XV, that is players you wouldn’t even notice at the airport because they appear better suited to subbies 3rd grade rather then Test/Super Rugby level rugby, yet consistently turned out performances that defied logic.

My first nomination would be Andy Goode at fly-half.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Ben volavola for five eighth. Always wondering if it’s rocks or diamonds if he’s on your team. Kicks the ball like it’s a tissue box.

Oh yes. Damned if he doesn't look like the Hollywood version of a 10. Even has the Hollywood girlfriend.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pains me to say, and I hope this is the year he finally nominates his undoubted physical gifts to finally fuck some peoples shit up, but I must put forward the name of that most papery of tigers, Mr Patrick Tuipulotu.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Still trying to think of a hooker that fits the bill.

Should they be players that represented their country?

As for a wing candidate that fits that bill, and challenging Spies for captaincy, Raymond Rhule.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I dont reckon. Maybe as long as someone here has heard of them.
As for a wing candidate that fits that bill, and challenging Spies for captaincy, Raymond Rhule.
Hadnt noticed. Ineffective?

It is a tricky one. Tough position to survive for posers. Puddling ploppyman Leni Apisai does come to mind though

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Faainga? Roach? Like said above, you’re not going to rise to any level in that position without having a dig.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I’m with you there. He was talked up like he was some kind of Japanese rugby royalty. Showed a few silky skills, but pretty much underwhelming. Must’ve had a good manager. Wonder if he ever got a guest judge gig on iron chef.

Tex

John Thornett (49)

Steve Thompson from Englands WC side. Not exactly a low skin fold unit

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The selectors are starting to turn their trained eye towards this Ben Gunter fellow. Such a physical specimen yet his maul defence, even in Japanese rugby, seems to be quite..... decorative.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
David Lyons, massive guy who never used his size effectively and lived a lot off of reputation. And another vote for Mark Chisolm - huge guns, no impact. edit: Sitaleki Timani is the posterchild of this, huge guy who looked damn scary but was way too lazy, could not use his size and weight effectively and was worse than bad in the lineout.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1 Al Baxter: (still not convinced his early rep for crap scrumming didnt just follow him around thus allowing lazy refs an easy out)
3 Rodzilla
4 Isaac Ross
5 Mark Chisholm
6 Sione Luaaki
7 Sebastian Chabal
8 Pierre Spies (C)
9 Matt Henjack
10 Luke McAlister
11 Mitch "John" Inman
12 Sam Burgess (OMG this guy was totally shit at rugby)
13 Tom English
14 Timana Tahu
15 Ayumu Goromaru

bench

16 Paddy Ryan
17 Liam Coltman
18 Mark Cooksley
19 Vaea Ffsffita
20 David Lyons
21 Luke Burgess
22 Volavola
23 SONNY BILL WILLIAMS

WTG: Caderyn Neville, Tom Carter, Vidal Sassoon Ramm, Dauguna, Daniel Halangahu, Lopeti Timani, Eto Nabuli, Wynand Olivier, Raymond Rhule, Sam Norton Knight, CFS (?), Ainsley, Butch James, Alex Cuthbert, Ryan McGoldrick, Garick Fay, Frank Halai, Sitaleki Timani, Yamanaka

Too good therefore dropped:

Nick Phipps
Wendell Sailor
Tamiefuna
Digby Ioane
Akira Ioane

Coach: John Kirwan.
Airport admin: Aaron Smith.