• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The best XV of players from any school

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Nudgee

6. Rocky Elsom ('00) - Wallabies (49 Caps), NSW Waratahs (66 Caps), ACT Brumbies, Leinster (21 Caps)
7. Mark Loane
(Capt) ('70s)- Wallabies (28 Caps), Queensland (89 Caps)
8. Richard Brown ('01) - Wallabies (15 Caps), Western Force (47 Caps)

Add Sean McMahon and Dallas O'Neill to the list of 8 candidates.

AllCatsandNoPussy

Bob McCowan (2)
St Patrick's College, Strathfield
All time First XV:

1. Loosehead Prop: Matthias Skillekorn (’94)
2. Hooker: Michael Foley (’85)
3. Tighthead Prop: John Macnamara (’71)
4. Second Row / Lock: Michael Goodrick (’82)
5. Second Row / Lock: Brian Donnellan (’73)
6. Blindside Flanker / Breakaway: Andrew Maloney (’96)
7. Openside Flanker / Breakaway: Matthew Campton (’80)
8. Number 8: Daniel Naylor (’81)
9. Scrum-half / Halfback: Christopher O’Young (’98)
10. Fly-half / 5/8: John Ballesty (’63)
11. Fly-half / 5/8: Kim Stapleton (’72)
12. Inside Centre: Richard Russo (’73)
13. Outside Centre: Steven Saunders (’83)
14. Right Wing: Bradley Devine (’80)
15. Fullback: Christopher Siale ('01)

Reserves: Christopher Byrne (’73), Matthew Tooher (’97), Timothy Pickup (’64), Robert Shehadie (’94) and Thomas Boidin (’07)

I'm not exactly sure who all our Wallabies old boys are but a few of them are in this list.

Shelby Trappey

Frank Row (1)
Hey WarChest being from Brisbane I don't know much about Marist Canberra's 1st XV. Would be able to tell me what Phil Yuen's story is? As an Asian Australian rugby player I'd love to know about a fellow brother who is highly regard to the point that he is named in his schools all time 1st XV.

Dirty Red

Frank Row (1)
Here is a crack at Newington.

15: Ben Volavola Fiji
14: Peter Jorgensen Wallaby
13: Taane Milne now league
12: Tepai Moorea now league
11: Lachlan Turner Wallaby
10: Scott Bowen Wallaby
9: Nick Farr Jones Wallaby
8: David Pusey Super 15
7: Allan Cameron Wallaby
6: Hugh Roach Waratah
5: Graham Macdougall Wallaby
4: Adam Byrnes Super 15
3: Michael Ala'alatoa Super 15 or Roy Prosser Wallaby
2) Phil Kearns Wallaby
1) Allan Ala'alatoa Wallaby or Stuart Macdougall Wallaby

Peter Jorgensen debateable as he played all his junior rugby at New and his senior rugby at Joeys. Roach out of position but has played flanker and should be in side.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey WarChest being from Brisbane I don't know much about Marist Canberra's 1st XV. Would be able to tell me what Phil Yuen's story is? As an Asian Australian rugby player I'd love to know about a fellow brother who is highly regard to the point that he is named in his schools all time 1st XV.

He was a machine at school level, 2 years in the Aus schools and possible some honours post school. Liam O'Connor at 10/12 ahead of Baden for me.

Onside

Frank Nicholson (4)
Full team from Barker

1. Richard Harry Prop Wallaby # 725
2. Ben Whittaker Hooker Melb Rebels, Force
3. Ben Darwin Prop Wallaby # 768
4. Glenn Eisenhauer Lock Wallaby tourist 1975
5. Hugh Pyle Lock Melb Rebels
6. Sam Figg Flanker Australia 7s, NSW Country
7. Chris Alcock Flanker Force, Brumbies
8. Sam Ward No 8 Warringah premiers, Barbarians
9. Don Logan Half Wallaby tourist 1957
10. Tim Wallace Flyhalf Wallaby # 718
11. Cam Shepherd Wing Wallaby # 810
12. Jim Phipps Centre Wallaby # 399
13. Paul Collins Centre Wallaby # 308
14. Harry Jones Wing Warringah premiers, Waratahs
15. Bruce Beith Fullback Wallaby # 145

Apologies to Nathan Spooner Wallaby # 751,
John Cocks Wallaby tourist 1958 and Peter Phipps
Wallaby tourist 1955.

War Chest

Stan Wickham (3)
He was a machine at school level, 2 years in the Aus schools and possible some honours post school. Liam O'Connor at 10/12 ahead of Baden for me.
Hey Pablo, yes Liam O'Connor would be a worthy selection too. As Carnthebrumbies points out there are some very good players left out; Zammit, Hodge, Hegarty, Battye and co. Add to that some others that were prominent pre Brumbies era and maybe not so well known outside the ACT like Brett Foster, Grant McNay, Andrew Williams, Nick Scrivener, Marty Bowen, Mark Bullock, Michael Harrison, Brendon Jones to name a few and it's a pretty decent side again.

Liam O'Connors brother, Bede was a very good flanker and played some rep stuff at school from memory.

Marist had some handy sides in the 70s I believe? The names Reed, Thompson, Kennett and McNay jump out but I'm sure there may be others from that era who may also challenge for a spot?

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
100% agree, if it were me starting from scratch I wouldn't know where to begin. No argument that the talent from the college stretches far and wide, be pretty interesting to see who the college came up with as a "team of.." for their 50th anniversary.