• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Israel Folau saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This is a person who person who publicly disagrees with some peoples lifestyles/choices.

some peoples?! Mate, it's all of us. Find me a person who doesn't lie, drink, have premarital sex, steal, is an atheist, is gay or bloody worships things. Folau will be a lonely, lonely boy in heaven by his rules.

Also
I find it interesting that is somehow OK to call people "thick", "stupid", "nutter" and "nutjob" if their views are not aligned with the current zeitgeist.
I fiercely defend my right to call someone a nutjob if they say nutjob shit. Australia is nation built on calling out bullshit. Pull the other one will ya.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
This is a person who person who publicly disagrees with some peoples lifestyles/choices. He can believe/think whatever the hell he likes, I couldn't care less.

Yes but do you see the issue - his employer has told him not to do that. They haven't told him not to hold the views, just that he shouldn't air them publically.

Now whether you agree with that directive or not, surely you can't deny he has quite publically disobeyed it in this instance.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is a person who person who publicly disagrees with some peoples lifestyles/choices. He can believe/think whatever the hell he likes, I couldn't care less.

I think it is a long bow to draw to call this persecution of gays.

I find it interesting that is somehow OK to call people "thick", "stupid", "nutter" and "nutjob" if their views are not aligned with the current zeitgeist.

Being gay isn't a "lifestyle"............

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
So, did Izzy not have sex before marriage? And what about his wife? Was she pure when he married her?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
So, did Izzy not have sex before marriage? And what about his wife? Was she pure when he married her?

Nah, that's not the issue. Izzy said you need to repent to Jesus and then you're sweet. This is the same guy who admitted to getting pissed at the Broncos, having gold teeth and has a massive arm/chest tatt. But, he's reformed and told the big guy upstairs that he's sorry so he's good to now throw shade at others.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ho boy i can't believe this thread hasn't been shut yet

We're almost there........

Let me just check which boxes have been ticked off:

- Freedom of speech
- What about Pocock?
- Qantas are hypocrites
- It's like his opinion, man

As soon as one of the homophobe lurkers pops their head out this thread will be nuked.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Anyone reckon he just wanted to break the try record. Get to the top, claim GOAT, then drop this bomb and says I've done it all.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
some peoples?! Mate, it's all of us. Find me a person who doesn't lie, drink, have premarital sex, steal, is an atheist, is gay or bloody worships things. Folau will be a lonely, lonely boy in heaven by his rules.

Also

I fiercely defend my right to call someone a nutjob if they say nutjob shit. Australia is nation built on calling out bullshit. Pull the other one will ya.

I'm on that list. I don't feel persecuted. I honestly couldn't give a shit what Izzy thinks of me and how I choose to live my life.

He has a right to think and believe whatever he likes just as you have the right to call him a dickhead.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
So the perpetually outraged, RA and sponsors don't have a problem with Izzy denigrating drunks, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters. ie pretty much everyone, but he includes one hot button issue word and all hell breaks loose. They can't have it both ways. Criticise him for the entirety of his views or not at all.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the perpetually outraged, RA and sponsors don't have a problem with Izzy denigrating drunks, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters. ie pretty much everyone, but he includes one hot button issue word and all hell breaks loose. They can't have it both ways. Criticise him for the entirety of his views or not at all.

Mate, the difference with the other things is that they are choices.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm on that list. I don't feel persecuted. I honestly couldn't give a shit what Izzy thinks of me and how I choose to live my life.

He has a right to think and believe whatever he likes just as you have the right to call him a dickhead.
Missing the point entirely.

You kind of have a point and you could get stuck up RA for having an overly PC social media policy (though i would disagree, but eh).

The point is, he has signed a contract for megabucks and one of the conditions of the contract is to specifically not do the thing he has done several times.

Sack the bloke. You sack people for breaking their contract!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nah, that's not the issue. Izzy said you need to repent to Jesus and then you're sweet. This is the same guy who admitted to getting pissed at the Broncos, having gold teeth and has a massive arm/chest tatt. But, he's reformed and told the big guy upstairs that he's sorry so he's good to now throw shade at others.

Yeah, but Brother Folau is hedging his bets on his being judged by the turn-the-other-cheek-and-love-thy-neighbour-hippy-Morgan-Freeman-in-a-white-suit New Testament god. F*ck that guy. He's just a marketing gimmick from the 2nd century CE. No, no. Brother Folau will be judged not by him, but by the original Christian god. The good old fire-and-brimstone-I'mma-shove-a-lightnin'-bolt-up-yo'-ass-Samuel-L-motha'-fuggin-Jackson-personified Old Testament god.

As such, ain't nobody gonna be in heaven because that god is a grumpy old man who had enough of people once he met the original reality TV couple -- Adam and Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.