• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BellyTwoBlues

Was a great day at Chatswood yesterday. The bugler, the pipes, the minute's silence followed by a closely fought out, physical match. In the lower grades, Parra found new ways to lose 2s and 3s but fair play to Gordon for sticking in and coming away with the chocolates in those games.

A well conducted after match and then the Gordon guys showed their unity by singing the club song afterwards.

It's what Anzac Day should be. Commemorate in the morning, footy after.

Well done and best of luck for the rest of the season.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The special auction of the Harmony Day jerseys is in its closing stages, so take a look at the Two Blues site and think about supporting Parramatta's Kick Racism Into Touch program. All 23 of the special one-off orange jerseys have received bids but it is still possible to bag a bargain. Looking for the perfect Mothers Day gift? Look no further than the Harmony Day Jersey Auction!

Current high bids:
bids.jpg

Auction closes at 5PM Sydney time Friday May 9.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So the Tahs have just signed this guy and he's set to debut this weekend for Parramatta, correct?

The NSW Waratahs have signed exciting Wests Tigers winger Taqele Naiyaravoro for the rest of 2014 Asteron Life Super Rugby season and 2015.
“I always knew I would come back to union and joining the Waratahs is very exciting,” said Naiyaravoro. “I’m glad and happy to be to be pulling on the NSW jumper after watching them on TV as a kid back in Fiji.
“The Waratahs backline excites me, I like to play attacking rugby and the way they play will hopefully suit my style, and I can earn a place in the team alongside players like Israel Folau and Adam Ashley Cooper,” beamed the Waratahs’ latest recruit, who joined the squad for training earlier this week.
Naiyaravoro played rugby all through his school days in Fiji and made the national Under 16s team playing both as a winger and flanker.
The flying Fijian had been selected to play for the Vodafone Fiji Bati side for their rugby league international against Samoa last weekend but was ruled out after announcing his departure from Wests Tigers.
Injuries to winger Peter Betham and Alofa Alofa have left the Waratahs skinny on the flanks, leading to the signing of 23-year-old Naiyaravoro.
“He has a strong rugby background and has been a high performer in his age groups. He’s a proven finisher, a big, strong, hard-running winger. It’s a profile we don’t have,” said delighted Waratahs coach Michael Cheika.
Name: Taqele Naiyaravoro
Position: Wing/flanker
Height: 195cm
Weight: 120kgs
Date Of Birth: 7/1991

Place of Birth: Fiji

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
At the Club AGM last night it was great to see 4 stalwarts of the Two Blues conferred Life Membership.
John Aquilina - the most dedicated water runner/assistant referee/gear steward/ club supporter a club could have
Ian Clarke - part of the brilliant grounds team, doesn't like to be applauded, just gets the job done in his own time and has done for many years
Joe Scott - another stalwart who has stuck with the Two bLues through thick and thin over many years. Still mans the gate every home game and attends every club function
Gary Hudson - former Club President amd member for many years
Moala Polota-Nau - the driving force behind the Womens team (and the best coach her brothers ever had!). Moala's loyalty brought the Women back to the club after the dark years and their influence on the culture being developed is extermely important.

Congratulations True Blues!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The auction of the special Harmony Day jerseys closes today. Check the club website and consider supporting the club's Kick Racism Into Touch program.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Two Blues' project to document the history of Parramatta Rugby Club continues as Thommo interviews one of the nicest guys in Rugby - Allan Minett.
Allan Minett played 343 games in all grades for Parramatta. 293 of these were in First Grade. 293. That's an amazing number.
But it's not the only amazing number you'll find when looking at Allan's Rugby career. Allan also captained First Grade a club record 151 times. Not to mention representing Sydney, NSW and the Australian Barbarians.
To top it all, Allan is one of the few Australians to have beaten the Wallabies in a Rugby match. Watch the video to find out how.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nine tries to the Mighty Two Blues in their win over Eastern Suburbs in First Grade yesterday. Together with fourth grade also winning and Colts winning all three of their fixtures, it made for a pretty good day with 5 wins from 7 matches. Two videos of First Grade singing the Club song are available on the Two Blues website - who amongst us can resist the power of the Mighty Two Blues anthem? I know I can't.

Hopefully Thommo's match report will be published soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.