• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The NSWRU Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The criteria for selection should include;
- Merchant wanking background preferred
- "Two Fathers" (Hyphenated surnames) a must
- People with no interest in junior, school, club or suburban rugby are encouraged to apply
- Willingness to conduct season reviews before season end is non negotiable
- Ability to remain anonymous, avoid the public eye, brush off rugby stakeholders and ignore fans will be highly regarded
- Lack of ambition, reluctance to make tough decisions, and comfort with mediocrity will be viewed favourably.
- Send us a photo, wearing your favourite cravat, and in 2500 words or less, what your preferred wine region is and why.

Don't be silly. The cravat would obscure the old-school tie and university pin.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thought there would've been a few more comments on Arvid Peterson.

Anyone else here recall what happened the first chance that the NSWRU board got once the ARU administrators got them out of financial trouble? And who one of the men at the centre of that vote was? (Hint: his initials are "AP".)

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
The criteria for selection should include;
- Send us a photo, wearing your favourite cravat, and in 2500 words or less, what your preferred wine region is and why.

Oi, back off my mate Lindommer. There's no reason why you should discriminate against him. A wine merchant who travels through all of our country's wine regions and still has a driver's licence exhibits the most extraordinary self control.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
What's your problem with Nick Farr-Jones?

He's surely one of the few good eggs they have.
He's also on the board of the NSWRU not the Waratahs which Bruce pointed out was responsible for the running of the professional body. Would personally like to see the board voted in by the stakeholders - 6 person board - one position selected by country clubs, 1 position by city clubs, 1 by sponsors, 3 by members (may split 1 for life members 2 for season ticket holders). The nominees should be selected by the NSWRU board and have numerous candidates over a range of professional areas. I'd suggest management, business, sales/marketing/promotions, sports management as some of the areas. I would also like to think that a rugby background does not necessarily have to be a must, just a love of the game (the two can be separated).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stuff democracy, leads to eventual mediocracy in most instances.

Follow the Septics model and introduce a dictatorship via private ownership.

Sell the 'Tah franchise to the Packers or some Russian Oil Zillionaire with deep pockets, really deep. No namby pamby sandal wearing consultative tree hugging. Simple hard arse business decisions, accountability and buck stopping.

That can then fund the young'uns development and the rest of the NSWRU operations.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great call HughJarse.... Surely private ownership could be on the cards? We need a Kerry Packer knuckle head type running the show ( a la 12th man 'Boned' album) ... "Speak...."

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Oi, back off my mate Lindommer. There's no reason why you should discriminate against him. A wine merchant who travels through all of our country's wine regions and still has a driver's licence exhibits the most extraordinary self control.
What's spooky here is that I wrote those Board Selection criteria points looking forward, with no reference to the existing board.......I don't know any of the board including Mr Lindommer or anything about him.
The jovial stereotyping is in fact reality.
In the liquor industry, Wine Merchants are known as 'Cork Dorks' and was it him that the famous wine marketing campaign was about?
You know the one, singing the jingle, glass in hand......"You make me smile, Mr Lindommer, smile Mr Lindommer........

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Actually, Iiwii, Lindommer is a long standing and respected member of this forum and not a member of the Waratahs Board.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
But a wine merchant none the less.

.... and the official Bacchus (wine) consultant to Gaggerland when that is needed.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Is there any point in private ownership with deep pockets when a salary cap is in place? Accountability I guess..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Deep pockets to fund things other that players salaries.

Junior development, and academy programmes. SRU development.

Redevelopment of ovals and training facilities, lights, drainage etc.

Tahs into schools, Tahs into Hospitals etc.

Teach the Teacher coaches in the public system.

Pay to fix all those things that the NSWRU doesn't have $ or inclination to invest in.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Thought there would've been a few more comments on Arvid Peterson.

Anyone else here recall what happened the first chance that the NSWRU board got once the ARU administrators got them out of financial trouble? And who one of the men at the centre of that vote was? (Hint: his initials are "AP".)

Do refresh our memories

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Deep pockets to fund things other that players salaries.

Junior development, and academy programmes. SRU development.

Redevelopment of ovals and training facilities, lights, drainage etc.

Tahs into schools, Tahs into Hospitals etc.

Teach the Teacher coaches in the public system.

Pay to fix all those things that the NSWRU doesn't have $ or inclination to invest in.

oh come on. What business person is going to throw money at those things? Jnr Development? Facilities? Training coaches? What sort of return could they expect? No ones going to do it out of the goodness of their heart. It'll be about potential return and none of those thinngs spin money.

Status
Not open for further replies.