• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The NSWRU Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Famous Schoolboy Coach/Selector Br Brian Murphy, hence the halo.
Separated at birth with Bruce Ross?

Although - or maybe because - the image is out of focus, it's actually not a bad likeness, so well spotted, Gagger. There are two giveaways though. Firstly the reverend Brother has hair. Secondly, he has his hands clasped in supplication. Micks will do whatever it takes to get an edge in rugby.

The bloke he is trying to get through to hasn't taken my calls in well over half a century. Truth be told I haven't attempted to get in contact with him over the same period.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Rugby is steeped in tradition. Tradition is based in history. History tells us that the Colony of NSW once used rum as its currency.

Leap forward to today, and is the performance of the Wararah Board any surprise. Just following historical precedents.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Rugby is steeped in tradition. Tradition is based in history. History tells us that the Colony of NSW once used rum as its currency.

Leap forward to today, and is the performance of the Wararah Board any surprise. Just following historical precedents.
Bundy Rum is still the currency in QLD and they seem to be doing OK

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
He's also on the board of the NSWRU not the Waratahs which Bruce pointed out was responsible for the running of the professional body. Would personally like to see the board voted in by the stakeholders - 6 person board - one position selected by country clubs, 1 position by city clubs, 1 by sponsors, 3 by members (may split 1 for life members 2 for season ticket holders). The nominees should be selected by the NSWRU board and have numerous candidates over a range of professional areas. I'd suggest management, business, sales/marketing/promotions, sports management as some of the areas. I would also like to think that a rugby background does not necessarily have to be a must, just a love of the game (the two can be separated).

"Would personally like to see the board voted in by the stakeholders - 6 person board - one position selected by country clubs, 1 position by city clubs"..........so "Royal Sydney" get 1 and "Uni and Schools" get 1??:rolleyes:

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
"Would personally like to see the board voted in by the stakeholders - 6 person board - one position selected by country clubs, 1 position by city clubs"....so "Royal Sydney" get 1 and "Uni and Schools" get 1??:rolleyes:

Schools get none. School Old Boy clubs and university clubs would be part of either Country or City, depending on where they are located. 1 vote for sponsors and 3 for members.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
"Would personally like to see the board voted in by the stakeholders - 6 person board - one position selected by country clubs, 1 position by city clubs"....so "Royal Sydney" get 1 and "Uni and Schools" get 1??:rolleyes:
Boards made up of representatives are generally a disaster. Legally they must put the interests of the organisation above any personal constituency. Unfortunately sporting boards are made up of representative members and are notoriously bad examples of governance. Too much internal politics and infighting. Plenty of examples should come to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.