• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The one and only Wallaby Coach thread

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hard to track which 'Aussie' coaches are around - heres a bit of a list to consider - not suggesting they will be available/interested.

Billy Millard – Director Rugby Performance - Harlequins

Jake White – Director of Rugby – Bulls (SAF)

Pete Wilkins – Head Coach – Connacht

Dan McKellar – Head Coach – Leicester

Peter Hewat – Head Coach – Black Rams Tokyo

Robbie Deans - Head Coach – Saitama Wild Knights

Scott Fardy – Defence Coach – Connacht

Michael Todd - Defence Coach -Edinburgh

Julian Salvi – Breakdown Coach – Benetton

Dan Palmer - Scrum Coach - Leicester

James Kent – Skills Consultant – Stade Français

Ruaidrhri Murphy – something - Black Rams Tokyo

Matt Tyalor – something (defence I assume) - Black Rams Tokyo

Matt Lucas – something - Black Rams Tokyo

Ollie Richardson – Head of Physical Performance – Leicester

John Pryor – S&C Advisor - Suntory
Have been trying to track them all down recently too, poor visibility into Japanese setups makes it particularly difficult.

Here are a couple of others:

Brock James - Head Coach - Hawkes Bay
Daniel Halangahu - Backs/Skills - Auckland Blues
Toutai Kefu - Head Coach - Tonga

Quite a few former professional level coaches floating around club/school DoR roles like Tony McGahan, Steve Meehan, Sean Hedger and Phil Mooney too.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not one for the Wallabies just yet but I'd love to get Brock James back into our Super Rugby coaching setup somehow and watch how he develops.

Every player I've spoken to who spent time with him holds him in such high esteem as both a person and strategist. I was lucky enough to be around him a fair bit when he was involved in the Reds and briefly training down at GPS and ticks all the boxes as a person that others naturally gravitate towards.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Andrew Blades was the DoR at Joeys in Sydney for a time.
Cameron Blades HC at Knox
Brian Smith was HC at Scots and now DoR. Has plenty of coaching experience around the world.
Tim Rapp HC Newington

I think these guys are pretty comfortable in their positions though. A guy like A.Blades could be a set piece coach...

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Was Eddie definitely not paid out? Is there anyway to properly verify it?

They've announced they accepted his resignation - the only payout you received upon resigning is any annual leave benefit (not sure what sort of leave entitlements a Wallabies coach would have).

Payout would have been if they sacked him

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
They've announced they accepted his resignation - the only payout you received upon resigning is any annual leave benefit (not sure what sort of leave entitlements a Wallabies coach would have).

Payout would have been if they sacked him
So they didn't reach an agreement to pay him for another year or anything apart from annual leave?

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Their media manager has been briefing their was no pay-out. If their was they'd just no comment it or say a slightly creative lie.

Waugh's "sensible agreement" can also be read as no pay-out. If Jones had been holding their balls over a barrel to make him leave I think Waugh wouldn't have been as amicable in his tone as he was. He can't outright come out and say it because the CEO of an organisation should not publicly blather terms of commercial arrangements.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Phil did fine. Danny Weilder there. Dunno why- the vulture.

Anyone know who the female journo was that quizzed him (or attempted to) about the health of grassroots rugby? Good question is basically avoided.