• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ranting at Deans/ARU/O'Neill/Players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I really hope that what I have been reading about the Wallabies (thinking that the all black performance was the best in the last 10 years and any side would have lost against them) is not true.
If it is, then I feel that Deans and the Wallabies are in for a serious reality lesson at the hands of the Boks and Pumas in the coming weeks.
That display by the ABs on the weekend was far from their best.

I totally agree.
After seeing the good quality hard hitting up front rugby played by the Argies against the boks I fear the Wallabies have a far lot further to fall.

I am still in shock at us not even getting on the scoreboard. Shock.

After YEARS and years and what feels like forever shouting down that Deans is NOT a coach for ANY international test team, let alone having an imported kiwi super rugby coach "experiment" with Australian rugby I have had enough.

I am protesting.
The only way I know how.
For the first time in my lifetime I am not going to follow my national team.
When we get a new coach, I will come back.
But, until then.
I quit being a Wallabies fan.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am protesting.
The only way I know how.
For the first time in my lifetime I am not going to follow my national team.
When we get a new coach, I will come back.
But, until then.
I quit being a Wallabies fan.

That's a bit weak. What about sticking with your team through thick and thin? You should aim your protest at the administration, not the players.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
That's a bit weak. What about sticking with your team through thick and thin? You should aim your protest at the administration, not the players.
If only they had things like the stocks and pillories. We could all have a day where we get to go along and chuck stuff at some of the administration. You could bet if you got some of the Tahs board in there it would be better attended than some of the games.

D

daz

Well, I am not sure I could actually "quit" being a Wallaby supporter, regardless of whether it is during good times or bad. I am a Wallaby supporter in the same way I have an AB negative blood type, or size 10 feet. It's just a part of me.

Having said that, I do feel I can and should aim my protests at a wider audience than just the admin at times I am not happy with the team. I'm like a backyard alley cat, spraying my piss at everything I can see; that includes ARU admin, Wallaby coaches and yes, Wallaby players.

For example, I can say to JON that I think he is being stubborn on the coaching position and the development of rugby in this country, not because he is a bad administrator, but because he appears to need to be seen as right all the time. It's ok to admit you are wrong, JON. Just fix it and move on. Check your ego and respect your customers a bit more. No, not just the sponsors; I am referring to the paying public, JON, just in case you needed reminding.

I can say to Deans that as much as he seems to be a good bloke and a more than capable coach (at Super level at least), he is just not cut out to be a Wallaby coach, and he needs to accept this and move on. The longer you stay, Robbie, the more I am probably going to resent you. I don't want that. Let's agree that the relationship isn't working and go our seperate ways. Right now.

I can say to our players that while I don't believe for a second that you have no pride in the jersey, you need to understand that you are giving us that perception by being all buddy-buddy with the AB's after what should have been a gut-curdling loss. I can also say that while you may believe you are giving it 100%, I wonder if you really are? If not, then why? And if you give it your all and you lose, then that's ok. Really. But the deal is you actually need to give it your all.

I love this game, not just the Wallabies, but the WHOLE game, from grassroots juniors to S15 and Internationals. I pay to support this game, not just in cash, but in emotion and time. That gives me the right to criticise. Sometimes that criticism will be in the heat of the moment and will be perhaps unfair. Sometimes, it will be fully justified.

Either way, I've earned the right to have an opinion. We all have, every single person who gives a part of themselves to this great game. The game belongs to us; not the ARU or the IRB. And certainly not to the coaches or the Wallabies. They are merely custodians.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Daz, as impassioned and rallying cries on behalf of us fans go, that takes the biscuit my friend.

I agree with you 100%, especially the last two paragraphs.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Daz, you aimed that at me but I was never trying to say that you shouldn't have an opinion. I was just trying to say don't give up on the wallabies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
No, Swat, I'm with you here. I don't think Daz deserves to have an opinion. How many tests has he played? I actually don't think he has played one. In fact, I don't think Daz has even played Super Rugby either!

I hate to reveal it to you, but this emperor has no clothes! I've heard a rumour that Daz hasn't even played Shute fucking Shield- the horror!

I have thought for a long time this forum should be for former test players only, and think now is the time to implement that policy. So clear out you unwashed idiots, and leave me, Swat, Matt Burke and Waratah Jesus here in peace.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No, Swat, I'm with you here. I don't think Daz deserves to have an opinion. How many tests has he played? I actually don't think he has played one. In fact, I don't think Daz has even played Super Rugby either!

I hate to reveal it to you, but this emperor has no clothes! I've heard a rumour that Daz hasn't even played Shute fucking Shield- the horror!

I have thought for a long time this forum should be for former test players only, and think now is the time to implement that policy. So clear out you unwashed idiots, and leave me, Swat, Matt Burke and Waratah Jesus here in peace.
:( Does Gisborne Boys High 1st XV count? I played a few games along side Hosea....

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
The consensus among many Canterbury supporters was that our most successful coach ever would guide the Wallabies to a WC victory and that the NZ rugby union had made a major fuck up not making him coach of the AB’s. How wrong we were!

After some of the “pre Deans” performances I picked the Wallabies as favourites for the Web Ellis and am still scratching my head about what happened. Perhaps Robbie was just fortunate to have coached the Crusaders at their peak and now he’s been found out. In hindsight, his performance as co-coach with the AB’s alongside Mitchell was hardly memorable.

Maybe an Aussie is better placed to instil that pride and passion needed at this level.

D

daz

Daz, you aimed that at me but I was never trying to say that you shouldn't have an opinion. I was just trying to say don't give up on the wallabies.

Nay my friend, 'twas not aimed at you. I just used your post as my jumping off point.

My muse!

:D

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
XJyGY.gif

D

daz

By Christ, if the planets had been arranged a different way, how bloody cool would it be for me to announce in response to your post, that "daz" was merely a cover for my real name, which is John Eales. Talk about knocking your fucking socks off. Alas, I'm not.

As for the Shute Fucking Shield (they get a new sponsor to go with that name?) I watched a game on the ABC once. Good enough?

Cue dramatic exit.

;)

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

Slip of the finger there Matt Barbarian, or just trying to add 25% to the numbers? It's ok mate, we understand :)

sneaker

Stan Wickham (3)
Deans has to go. I Was a big fan, he gave some young guys a start in the early days, but the team is just to inconsistent. I can't remember when we strung more then 4 wins together. There seems to be no game plan executed.

The culture in the wallabies seems to be no existent. Too many smiles and pat on the backs after the game to AB's, really shows they bledisloe means nothing to them.

Deans saying the All Blacks are too good. wtf? who says that shit.

I watched Ewen Mckenzie string together plans with like our 10th fly half for the season and the reds still looked like they had a game plan and purpose on game night.

I watched the game again yesterday and I counted 20 crap kicks or grubbers, instead of holding the ball build pressure, set piece (actually I saw no set piece moves really)
And even after half time the crap kicks still happened. You would think after half time the coaches would say " stop kicking our ball away".

Either the coach aint saying anything or the player aint listening? What's really happening ?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Does playing in the same team as a guy who went on to play at Super XV level allow me to contribute on GAGR under you new direction Barbarian?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Does playing in the same team as a guy who went on to play at Super XV level allow me to contribute on GAGR under you new direction Barbarian?

Depends. Where you and this gentleman the two star players in your team? Was his success impossible without you? Were you Torville to his Dean? Starsky to his Hutch? Captain to his Tennille?

If so, then yes. But only just.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I doubt I qualify then.
It was for the Grafton Redmen u19s and halfway through the season a young AJ Whalley turned up to play. And may have only saw about 10 minutes each match. Or quite possibly he only turned up for the team photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom