• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ranting at Deans/ARU/O'Neill/Players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Performance goals are all very well but I think the starting passmark will be the ability of the public to understand the coach's public statements without one or more of:

(1) a people management jargon dictionary;
(2) the life experiences of a hippe who moved into marketing or a marketing executive who moved to a commune;
(3) massive doses of cannabinoids; and/or
(4) a frontal lobotomy

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
A simple pass mark for me will be watching the players wearing a gold jersey having a passion and a desire to represent that jersey to their utmost ability

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Many in Gaggerland are also calling for similar. Check these threads:

Ideas for Australian Rugby
Sydney Rugby Shakeup
The Gowling Report
The Ideal NSW Schoolboy competition
Schoolboy Rugby: A Modest Proposal (Blog Post)
School Sporting Scholarships
The Deans/ARU/JON Rant

and numerous other contributions sprinkled across the boards

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
28th May WJ said.."Agree completely, I am of the mind of giving foley another season, the guy has one a pretty extensive apprenticeship and deserves the opportunity to follow through a little before getting the boot."

Yep, when didn't I apply the test, saying a coach deserves the opportunity to implement plans he said himself he didn't meet, is very different from Robbie deans after five years saying he is fighting over the scraps of being the number 2 side.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It was very interesting to see Conor O'Shea, former Ireland international and current Quins director of Rugby, has been announced as part of a panel to review the performance of British swimming at the Olympics.

Would be interesting to see a similar review of Australian rugby conducted by a panel with members from other sporting codes and other countries. If Aus do run with the idea and you're looking for an Irish member of the panel I would offer my services for free as long as it included free flights and accommodation around your wonderful country.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Trojan is a brand of condom, and Horse is a name reserved (in schoolboy humour) for males with reproductive appendages sized like that of the aforesaid animal.

Are you suggesting that we are getting f%^&ked over big time?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^ Trojan is a brand of condom, and Horse is a name reserved (in schoolboy humour) for males with reproductive appendages sized like that of the aforesaid animal.

Are you suggesting that we are getting f%^&ked over big time?

Yes - and it doesnt feel good: is it meant to?

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
That's a bit weak. What about sticking with your team through thick and thin? You should aim your protest at the administration, not the players.

Who said anything about not supporting the players. And how many players do you think want to see a change at the top also.
Weak? well you are entitled to your opinion, however you are wrong, it takes strength to protest.
Packing up my wallabies supporters heart after 30+ years IS exactly a protest aimed at the admin and coaching staff as THEY are the decision makers who have let this all go to shit, not individual players.

I will go back to supporting the Wallabies when these idiots have been replaced.

The only thing that the ARU cares about is money and that includes the money that us fans give them. I will no longer give them thousands of dollars a year, they do not deserve MY money.
I will support the underdogs for the rest of the 4Nations and I hope they do well.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Will the ARU and the Wallabies miss you? If not, it's not a very effective protest.
'

You are right about the ARU not missing Fanatic as an individual.

It is an effective protest when he is joined by 40000 others.

Cue Paul Kelly......"From little things, big things grow"

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
'

You are right about the ARU not missing Fanatic as an individual.

It is an effective protest when he is joined by 40000 others.

Cue Paul Kelly.."From little things, big things grow"
Well you could argue that there were 30,000 fewer at Homebush for the ABs than there was in 2000 - and I'll warrant that 25k of those missing were Wallabies fans!
;)

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Will the ARU and the Wallabies miss you? If not, it's not a very effective protest.

“Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again.”
Rosa Parks

Sometimes you just have to make a stand, regardless of how unpopular it makes you.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Rosa Parks made a stand by refusing to give up her seat to a white person.

Your version of Rosa Parks is deciding not to ride the bus again.

This quote relates to the pain involved in repeated stupidity and inaction, I am not getting off the Rugby bus mate, I am just deciding WHO I will sit next to on International trips.
Cause the problem is the driver of the Wallabies bus is taking us no where; over and over and over again.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Wow that is the most tortured metaphor I think I have ever heard.

My brain hurts.

So Robbie is the bus driver taking us nowhere, therefore on international trips you want to sit next to......... Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.