• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
its still a 36 man, only can have 30 officially for TRC.

surprised morohan got in their ahead of Naiyaravoro. With Tomane and Speight out, I'm surprised they havn't at least given themselves the options of a chunky crash baller off the bench out wide.

Read a while ago Holmes was going to leave. Glad to see Carter out and Timani in. We have better bigger better tall timber people in simmons, douglas, coleman and arnoldc(when fit), mumm can cover 6 and timani would be there to cover the profile of player that Palu was.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So 6 still need to be cut. Are they allowed to drop players in and out whenever they like or is it like a RWC when they can only swap a player permanently because they are injured?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm certain they can do what they like with the squads as there's no set protocols like at the RWC.....

That's what I thought, the 30 man "official" squad is basically just who flies out to the games overseas. Maybe has something to do with match payments too.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Considering the makeup of the 36 man squad, I'd say Cheika will 'officially' trim it by 1 x prop, 2 x locks, 2 x centres, 1 x outside back.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Considering the makeup of the 36 man squad, I'd say Cheika will 'officially' trim it by 1 x prop, 2 x locks, 2 x centres, 1 x outside back.

I think a halfback will be dropped. Most likely Frisby. No point in having 3 in the squad.

Maybe the same for Hooker too.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
ENglish & Meakes were both there this week, according to Instagram, and I'm sure there were more... I'd say that they will remain in much the same way that Ready etc. were there last time around

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Gotta have two complete teams for opposed training plus an extra hooker and scrummie. Good opportunity for those outside the 23 to listen and learn.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I think a halfback will be dropped. Most likely Frisby. No point in having 3 in the squad.

Maybe the same for Hooker too.

In complete contrast it sounds like the the All Blacks will be going with 3 halfbacks. If so D McKenzie will most likely miss out to make room. .

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
In complete contrast it sounds like the the All Blacks will be going with 3 halfbacks. If so D McKenzie will most likely miss out to make room. .

Crazy to cut McKenzie. Would be the perfect bench player who can cover almost any position in the backline.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
ABs are going with 32.

My call is

Coles Taylor Harris
Franks Faumoina Crockett Moody Tongaafasi (spelling)
Tuipolotu Romano Whitelock Rettalick
Luatua Kaino Read Cane Savea Squire
Peranara Smith Kerrbarlow
Sopoaga Barrett Cruden
Crotty Fekitoa Taminavalu
Savea Naholo Dagg Smith Mckenzie

Mckenzie doesn't miss out and Naholo and Smith can both cover 13 if disaster strikes. Luatua and Squire have had the best recent form and the right physical attributes to edge out Dixon in Test Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.