• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Props: Ala'alatoa, Holmes, Kepu, Sio, Slipper, Smith
Hookers: Hanson, Moore, TPN
Second Rowers: Arnold, Carter, Coleman, Horwill, Simmons, Skelton
Backrowers: Fardy, Gill, Hooper, Houston, McCalman, McMahon, Mumm, Palu, Pocock
Halfbacks: Frisby, Phipps, Powell
Flyhalf: Foley, Lealiifano*
Centres: Harris*, Kerevi, Kuridrani
Back Three: Folau*, DHP, Horne*, Hunt, Morahan, Nabuli, Naiyaravoro

*can cover multiple positions

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So Powell got in over Stirzaker?

Very interesting.........

Weak in the outside backs though - Hunt, Nabuli, Morahan, Harris...... yikes.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Who the fuck is Joe Powell? I'll confess to only watching about three Brumbies games this year, but he is what you would call a bolter! That's like picking Kearns out of second grade back in the day. The other surprises are Houston, Horwill, Naiyaravoro and Nabuli for me. Leroy has always promised a lot but never really delivered. Hopefully being under the gaze of TGC will sharpen him up.

A surprising squad in some ways but Cheik knows what he's doing so I'll trust him.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I actually like that squad - not bad based on who is fit. Not sure if Palu is really a viable pick anymore, but then his experience in a 39 man squad will probably be gold for some of the younger blokes.

Hats off to Brumbie Runner - if I am correct he nominated Powell as a squad member for this years Wallabies as far back as last year.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
that is one cooked out squad. im sure the actual match day 23 will be fine, but this isnt great. Powell is a good scrumhalf in the 3 super rugby games hes played. Palu is an awful choice, Mumm hasnt shown any consistent form, Leroy Houston doesnt make much sense when young blokes here are sticking their hand up eg. Holloway, Browning, Timani.
unfortunately i think hes picked our best backs other then powell

im sure the actual match day 23 will look something like:

1. Slipper/Sio
2. Moore
3. Kepu/Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Horwill/Coleman/Arnold/Carter?
6.Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Lealiifano
13. Kuridrani
14. Haylett-Petty
15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau
17. Sio/Slipper
18. Holmes/Kepu
19. Skelton
20. McMahon
21. Frisby
22. Harris
23. Kerevi/Hunt

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So Powell got in over Stirzaker?

That's not that big of a surprise, Powell has looked good when coming on for the Brumbies. Stirzaker has looked half the player he was last season. Call me harsh on him, but Meehan has looked better when he starts. Also the Rebels have only one win when Stirzaker has started, and that game he went off injured after 18 minutes. All the wins this season are with Meehan and 9.

His the new Godwin, showed a lotof promise but went backwards.