• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
What makes you think he'd get any better ubder Larkhams coaching?
Don't know. I guess the Reds don't really have a coach, Gibson at the Tahs isn't amazing and neither is Tony. Maybe it isn't Foley's coaching. All I know is that 3 years ago we had this kid with oodles of potential and courage in spades. Three years on it feels like he has regressed. I remember seeing some of his early games and thinking he was the closest thing we've had to another Stephen Larkham and feeling a enormous sense of hope and pride for rugby in WA. I just hate to see talent go to waste. Maybe the Brumbies can sweeten the deal by trading us Tom Staniforth or one of your THPs. ;)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
What makes you think he'd get any better ubder Larkhams coaching?

If there's one thing Larkham knows, it's inside backs. The improvements in both To'omua's and Lealiifano's games since he joined the coaching staff in 2011 are almost certainly due to his presence.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
If there's one thing Larkham knows, it's inside backs. The improvements in both To'omua's and Lealiifano's games since he joined the coaching staff in 2011 are almost certainly due to his presence.

Or maybe their improvement is due to Jake White. Given that is when they were both playing their best, especially Lilo.

Lilo hasn't come close to his 2012 form. Last 2 years have been mostly average IMO.

I'm still not sold on Larkham as a coach, especially as attack coach. Love him as a player though, my personal favourite.

T

Tip

Rumours only getting stronger that we'll see Quade in a Reds Jersey next year now that the Reds didnt make an offer to Greene. The French season ends mid June, whilst the first RC test against NZ is on the 20th of August.

If Quade signs with the Reds, I daresay he'll get the Leroy / Douglas treatment and join the 30 man squad immediately.

Cheika needs to get his head out of his arse and stop considering Kerevi as a 13, thus continuing the disrespect Australia has had for the 12 jersey since Tim Horan retired. (Mortlock, Cross, McCabe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) etc).

I for one am drooling over the prospect of Quade playing Train Conductor with The Duel-Carriage K-Train TM , & the Folau - Beale Express. Even if it is with Quade & Kerevi coming off the bench with 20 to go. At some point I'd love to see

10. Quade 11. Folau 12. Kerevi 13. Kuridrani 14. Horne I guess.. 15. Beale

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Rumours only getting stronger that we'll see Quade in a Reds Jersey next year now that the Reds didnt make an offer to Greene. The French season ends mid June, whilst the first RC test against NZ is on the 20th of August.

If Quade signs with the Reds, I daresay he'll get the Leroy / Douglas treatment and join the 30 man squad immediately.

Cheika needs to get his head out of his arse and stop considering Kerevi as a 13, thus continuing the disrespect Australia has had for the 12 jersey since Tim Horan retired. (Mortlock, Cross, McCabe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) etc).

I for one am drooling over the prospect of Quade playing Train Conductor with The Duel-Carriage K-Train TM , & the Folau - Beale Express. Even if it is with Quade & Kerevi coming off the bench with 20 to go. At some point I'd love to see

Is Foley injured or something?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Quade wasn't even close to displacing Foley at the RWC competition.

I'll give you the Tip, the status will remain the same. - unless QC (Quade Cooper) really pumps some consistent 2011 form

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Toulon guaranteed to be playing at least until the 11th. If they win that final, or are lucky this week, (by my count, beat Bordeaux with a bonus point and Racing to beat Montpellier with neither picking up a bonus point), it'll be till the 18th, then if they win that, the 25th, which is all three Tests.

The chance of Cooper being released before Toulon are out of the competition is sweet fanny adams, and if he was going to be in the squad before signing a Reds contract he'd be there already.

T

Tip

Is Foley injured or something?

I should have renumbered Quade to 22. and Kerevi to 23. for clarity.

@Highlander, I'm referring to the Rugby Championship, not the England Tests.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Foley is now far and away the best 10 in Australia right now. Picking anyone else in that jersey for the Wallabies would be madness IMHO.

100% true. Probably the most important player right now given injuries to To'omua and Gits.

Lilo isn't in great form and it would be a huge task for him to run the backline and kick the goals.

Cooper isn't eligible and even if he was if he is anything like this RWC form then we are better off picking Lilo. Cooper needs a consistent super xv season under his belt to prove his worth again IMO.

And I can't even think of anyone else.

If Foley gets injured we are screwed.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
100% true. Probably the most important player right now given injuries to To'omua and Gits.

Lilo isn't in great form and it would be a huge task for him to run the backline and kick the goals.

Cooper isn't eligible and even if he was if he is anything like this RWC form then we are better off picking Lilo. Cooper needs a consistent super xv season under his belt to prove his worth again IMO.

And I can't even think of anyone else.

If Foley gets injured we are screwed.

If Foley gets injured then Lilo would appear to be the last man standing. There's literally no one else. Debra and McIntyre aren't even Supe standard. I'd gladly have Hunt before either of them.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If Foley gets injured then Lilo would appear to be the last man standing. There's literally no one else. Debra and McIntyre aren't even Supe standard. I'd gladly have Hunt before either of them.

berrick-barnes-of-panasonic-wild-knights-runs-with-the-ball-during-picture-id475791525