• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Makes sense if those weekends don't technically count as being part of the international window. If they are then the Wallabies can tell them to stuff it. Otherwise they probably need to honour their contracts.

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not threats.
Tigers have to recall them or the PRL will fine them.
Saints get fined 60K for every time North was with the WRU during a non international game weekend.

So Tigers could be looking at a total fine of 240K if they don't.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Seems like the best place for this.
RUGBY AU CONGRATULATES STEPHEN LARKHAM ON WORLD RUGBY HALL OF FAME INDUCTION AUGUST 10, 2018Rugby Australia has today offered its congratulations to current Qantas Wallabies’ Assistant Coach Stephen Larkham on being inducted into the World Rugby Hall of Fame on Friday.

Larkham was one of five former players inducted into World Rugby’s Hall of Fame, considered to be one of the highest honours bestowed on Rugby identities globally.

The 102-Test veteran was part of three Rugby World Cup campaigns including the victorious 1999 campaign and played in arguably the greatest Final in the tournament’s history in Australia’s heartbreaking defeat to England in 2003.

A lanky young fullback when he burst onto the scene for the Brumbies and Wallabies, Canberra-raised Larkham became known for his playmaking wizardry from flyhalf after making the switch into the number 10 jersey early in his Test career.

He became one of Australia’s main attacking lynchpins during a golden age of Australian Rugby when the Wallabies dominated the battles for the Bledisloe Cup in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Larkham is the 14th Australian player and 17th Australian overall to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, which was established in 2006.

Rugby Australia Chief Executive Raelene Castle said: “On behalf of the Australian Rugby community I would like to extend our congratulations to Stephen on this fantastic achievement.

“Stephen was already established as one of the modern-day greats of our game and his influence in Australian Rugby continues as he coaches and mentors the current Qantas Wallabies squad as an Assistant Coach.

“His playing legacy is one of creative brilliance, and an unwavering pride in the gold Wallabies jersey.

“Stephen is passionate about developing the next generation of Wallaby playmakers and for him to be recognised globally for his contributions is an achievement every Rugby fan can celebrate.”

Larkham became full time attack coach with the Qantas Wallabies in 2017 after leading the Brumbies to five consecutive Vodafone Super Rugby Finals campaigns and now works alongside Nathan Grey, Mick Byrne and Simon Raiwalui in the 2018 coaching staff under Head Coach, Michael Cheika.

Australian World Rugby Hall of Fame inductees:
Stephen Larkham (2018)
Danny Carroll (2016)
Tim Horan (2015)
Tom Richards (2015)
Michael Lynagh (2014)
David Campese (2013)
John Thornett (2013)
George Gregan (2013)
Mark Ella (2013)
Ken Catchpole (2013)
Tom Lawton (2013)
Bob Dwyer (2011) - Coach
Roger Vanderfield (2011) – Referee
Sir Nicholas Shehadie (2011)
Nick Farr-Jones (2011)
Rod Macqueen (2011) – Coach
John Eales (2007)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So tonight the set piece in all apsects was below poor. In fact the Wallabies in all aspects excepting defence for 40 minutes were poor. They looked under prepared and lacking any sort of combination in the pack and the attack continues to be some form of endless league like lateral passes with a kick when they run out off puff.

If Cheika, Larkham and whoever the Fijian forwards coach is are the best the ARU can afford, lets go back to amateur Rugby and appoint some people who actually have some idea how to coach rugby. Lets start with some basic skills and some strtures that work to get people positioning off the ball.

Wallabies are a joke and every single one of them is over paid.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Trent Buhagiar, Lockie Wales, Matthew Simon.

We have or most will never have heard who these players are.

They all hail from the Central Coast, Trent is beyond fast and Wales not that much slower.

Issue is they don't play rugby, all are tall all very strong. Simon would make a great break away, Trent as a winger he is the fastest player ever in the A-League, and Wales a centre or five eight.

The AFL produces many find players as well, as does league.

Part of our problem is our structure and systems we not attract enough quality players whereas in the land of the long Kiwi Fruit they get most of the best sporting talent.

With so few teams, tis very hard to get the best sporting talent and its getting worse each year.

B

Bobby Sands

We should have one super rugby team, and send all the rest to New Zealand. Those that are good enough to make their teams will actually be good, and those that play ITM cup will still have better set-ups than our existing setups. Also this would save us money, and the Wallabies would be better.

How do we achieve this?

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I actually pains me to say I told you so slim & brumby runner, but let me reiterate.

Wallabies Lineout success rates drop dramatically when Simmons isn’t playing. That is a fact.

We’ve never lost 7 on our own throw with him on the park.

We pick props that can scrum; it’s time to pick a 2nd row that can run a lineout.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So tonight the set piece in all apsects was below poor. In fact the Wallabies in all aspects excepting defence for 40 minutes were poor. They looked under prepared and lacking any sort of combination in the pack and the attack continues to be some form of endless league like lateral passes with a kick when they run out off puff.

If Cheika, Larkham and whoever the Fijian forwards coach is are the best the ARU can afford, lets go back to amateur Rugby and appoint some people who actually have some idea how to coach rugby. Lets start with some basic skills and some strtures that work to get people positioning off the ball.

Wallabies are a joke and every single one of them is over paid.
As if changing coaches is going to bridge the gap (gaping chasm?). Taping over cracks my man. We are irreprably fucked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I actually pains me to say I told you so slim & brumby runner, but let me reiterate.

Wallabies Lineout success rates drop dramatically when Simmons isn’t playing. That is a fact.

Who was that other Rob Simmons on the field when we lost our lineouts?

As I mentioned some time ago - the Wallabies lineout has been terrible with and without Simmons over the last few years............. as you would say - that is a fact.