• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Yes, she is in the bottom right of the footage, being shielded by the older woman. Right next to the jostling as it occurs. (dunno if she got shoved before that though as it's not shown).

TBH the fan got what was coming to him though, although it could have been worse for him:

LOL - yes silly to pick fights like that.

In all seriousness though imagine if it was security or Police handling a bloke by the throat like that, regardless of motivation that behaviour is as bad or worse than the verbal attack. That is a failure of the security at the venue as is this whole fiasco.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Perhaps my experience is a bit unusual, but when I first started toddling up to the old Eastwood Oval, at the age of 10 or so, the wins were as scarce as hens' teeth. But win, lose, or draw, Eastwood became my club, and still are. Through thick and thin.

Ditto the Wallabies. I have witnessed some dire performances, some incredible wins, some gallant losses, the whole gamut. Win, lose, or draw, the Wallabies are my team. Through thick and thin.

I just cannot get my head around the idea that a true supporter would want to abuse players for any reason at all.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
For a more positive read - https://www.playersvoice.com.au/matt-To'omua-my-name-isnt-my-name/#mblURlzY8LV7pXBC.97

Matt seems like a good bloke with his head screwed on.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Castle has been there for a week, these political structures have been in place for decades.

A CEO can't drive it
It does seem that a full-blown collapse/administration is imminent.

In the grand scheme of things, it may be beneficial.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It does seem that a full-blown collapse/administration is imminent.

In the grand scheme of things, it may be beneficial.

I can already see the claims

Clubland will say grass roots is being ignored
NSW & QLD will say they provide all the players but are being ignored
The other states will say their unlimited potential is being ignored
Womens will say they are being ignored

etc etc

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I can already see the claims

Clubland will say grass roots is being ignored
NSW & QLD will say they provide all the players but are being ignored
The other states will say their unlimited potential is being ignored
Womens will say they are being ignored

etc etc
Ignored by the fans? they'd all be right.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
A few thoughts on a Monday morning. That peanut in the crowd has had a greater impact on me than the game itself:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the-man-in-the-crowd-have-we-all-gone-too-far/
Nice piece Barbarian.

Though Waratah Jesus made a good point on Twitter as well

Dickhead of a fan. You don’t get a point across. You’re not a hero. You make going to a stadium harder. You make engagement with players more restricted. You get mid strength made into light. You’re a f’n knob.(@waratahjesus)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
BTW, great article Barbs. I decided a couple of years ago after losing my shit over yet another loss to the All Blacks that I would dial back the passion and remember to enjoy the game more. That article was a timely reminder.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Does it feel to anyone else like crowds are getting just a little more feral lately? We've had this incident, the Western Sydney Wanderers fans letting off those flares earlier this year, the South Africans getting into it with Dave Warner, the contemptible booing at the US Open trophy presentation - it could just be my imagination, but it seems like not a month goes by where there's not some kind of crowd controversy somewhere in the world.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I’m amazed how this story about drunken fan is being portrayed in the media.

Yes that fan had too much alcohol and embarrassed himself with some heckling. But Tui laid hands on the guy and that is not acceptable in my eyes. I feel sympathy for Tui and what happened to his step father earlier this week... but for the media to say tui doesn’t want this fan to get in any further trouble... it’s he is the one who should be further reprimanded.

Tui was probably best saying he was going to take some time off for rest of season because I honestly believe a suspension was coming his way for physically threatening a fan like that.

This is a low point in Australian rugby and ready to move on from it... I’m just glad this did not escalate any further. Could of gotten much worse like the Malace in the Palace where NBA stars Ron Artest/Stephen Jackson went into the stands to throw fists with fans.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I’m amazed how this story about drunken fan is being portrayed in the media.

Yes that fan had too much alcohol and embarrassed himself with some heckling. But Tui laid hands on the guy and that is not acceptable in my eyes. I feel sympathy for Tui and what happened to his step father earlier this week. but for the media to say tui doesn’t want this fan to get in any further trouble. it’s he is the one who should be further reprimanded.

Tui was probably best saying he was going to take some time off for rest of season because I honestly believe a suspension was coming his way for physically threatening a fan like that.

This is a low point in Australian rugby and ready to move on from it. I’m just glad this did not escalate any further. Could of gotten much worse like the Malace in the Palace where NBA stars Ron Artest/Stephen Jackson went into the stands to throw fists with fans.
Fuck that, someone pushes my little sister i 'lay hands on him'.