• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Is Stiles still involved down there? I imagine if he gets gets a bit of time with them he can improve their scrum. Stiles had issues as a coach but he seemed to do pretty well as a set piece forwards coach.

Reactions: dru

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Is Stiles still involved down there? I imagine if he gets gets a bit of time with them he can improve their scrum. Stiles had issues as a coach but he seemed to do pretty well as a set piece forwards coach.

Think he's at Kinetsu Liners in Japan

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Completely off topic but geez I’d love to see a return of the Australia A side to give som roosters exposure playing international sides. Obviously is hard with NRC being played currently but can’t help but think of how promising the team could be and the experience they would gain.
Imagine a team of:

1. Jermaine Ainsley
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa
3. JP Smith
4. Matt Phillip
5. Rob Simmons
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Jack Dempsey
8. Caleb Timu
9. Jake Gordon
10. Quade Cooper
11. Sefa Naivalu
12. Bill Meakes
13. Curtis Rona
14. Jordan Petaia
15. Tom Banks
RESERVES
16. Anaru Rangi
17. Ruan Smith
18. Harry Lloyd
19. Fergus Lee Warner
20. Will Miller
21. Joe Powell
22. Hamish Stewart
23. Duncan Paia’aua

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've got a ton of problems with the history of Cheika's selections, but Beale at 10 isn't one of them, nor is it confined to him:
- John Connolly explained that he didn't bring Beale to the 2007 World Cup because he had enough depth at 10.
- Robbie Deans started Beale at 10 in seven test matches in 2012, despite having Berrick Barnes, Quade Cooper, or Mike Harris available.
- Ewen McKenzie started Beale at 10 and To'omua at 12 in both games against NZ in the 2014 Rugby Championship, and started Beale at 10 in the 2008 Super 14 Final.
- Chris Hickey had Beale as his first-choice 10 in 2009.
- Damien Hill had Beale as his first-choice 10 in 2012.
- Daryl Gibson started Beale at 10 for his first three games as Waratahs coach.
- Dai Young preferred to move Beale to 10 and bring on a 12, than bring on a 10.

I think we've worked out that Beale is at his best at 12, but he is also a good option at 10.

Beale is good at 15... While I like To'omua it would have been expecting to much of him to be thrown straight into 10 to save Cheika’s job, at least Cheika respected that and not throw him under the bus like what Deans did to Giteau

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
That squad did make the RWC Final, but the point still stands....

JOC (James O'Connor)'s form over the last few years would not put him ahead of the players we currently have (including Maddocks), and he's toxic to a team's culture...

His first hurdle would be to find a team that would want to sign him.

Shame we didn't have Maddocks playing in the centres last night, eh? We really screwed the pooch playing JOC (James O'Connor).