• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It was a good performance by Timani. Topped the tackle count while on the pitch, carried well, had some nice offloads and was effective at the breakdown. McCalman was also very good when he came on.
What is the situation now for McMahon? Is he available for this tour or is he off to Japan right now?

T

TOCC

It was a good performance by Timani. Topped the tackle count while on the pitch, carried well, had some nice offloads and was effective at the breakdown. McCalman was also very good when he came on.
What is the situation now for McMahon? Is he available for this tour or is he off to Japan right now?

Out of the big backrowers on the field for both teams, I thought Timani was the least effective

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Out of the big backrowers on the field for both teams, I thought Timani was the least effective

Thats the perception built on the banter here and elsewhere. Watched a replay this morning and thought he was very effective. No real "big" moments but a lot of positive involvements and no negative ones. As said, Benny McCalman also impressed. Palu had a couple of big moments as did Naisarani and both had good games.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
We can’t seriously be judging Folau’s ability to play wing on last nights game can we. When we had a completely new 9-10-12-13 who have never played together and played like they’ve never met each other.

The reason people like me thing Folau could be choosen the wing is that one winger plays as hybrid fullback anyway, Folau already spends half his time there and as a league player wing was the position where he was able to do the most damage - and he was NEVER out of the game. The put him on the wing and then feed the ball to him constantly ie completely unlike last night.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
We can’t seriously be judging Folau’s ability to play wing on last nights game can we. When we had a completely new 9-10-12-13 who have never played together and played like they’ve never met each other.

The reason people like me thing Folau could be choosen the wing is that one winger plays as hybrid fullback anyway, Folau already spends half his time there and as a league player wing was the position where he was able to do the most damage - and he was NEVER out of the game. The put him on the wing and then feed the ball to him constantly ie completely unlike last night.

Don't think the Wallaby backline ever successfully completed a set piece play. Hard to judge the performance of a winger when they never get presented any opportunities.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The guy who did his future chances the most harm in my opinion was Meakes. Dropped the ball too many times and didn't really do anything that effectively.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
He was pretty good yesterday but for the most part in a Wallaby jersey was no more than adequate.
Realistically yesterday’s fixture was soup quality. A spattering of top liners in both teams then a heap of fringe and developing players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

He could also link with a team for 2018 as well, what’s he going to do between October 17 and September 18? Take a sabbatical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I don’t think anyone is arguing otherwise. The comments being made are whether or not there is virtue in him being picked to wear jersey 11 or 14.

Actually I will revise my previous comment. Hodge should be the first player chosen. Folau next. That starts to squeeze the options a bit.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

He does raise a fair point in that the ARU are currently paying two of their best players to take holidays. You don’t really see that with the likes of Cameron Smith or Cooper Cronk.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He does raise a fair point in that the ARU are currently paying two of their best players to take holidays. You don’t really see that with the likes of Cameron Smith or Cooper Cronk.

Pocock situation is pretty retarded, but Izzy has already played nearly an entire year of non-stop rugby and hes only missing a few games.