• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tom Carter - love him, loath him or something in between?

All joking aside, what is your true opinion of Tom Carter

• Great player - very much underestimated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good solid S14 player - would be happy to have him in my team

• Totally over-rated player - shouldnt be allowed near a club jersey let alone a S14 one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Our Tom had a scrap with the winger who isn't Nokwe. Not Nokwe, we were calling him. Anyone see the start of it to determine if it was (a) justified, or (b) evidence.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scarfman said:
Our Tom had a scrap with the winger who isn't Nokwe. Not Nokwe, we were calling him. Anyone see the start of it to determine if it was (a) justified, or (b) evidence.

Carter held the winger back when we scored our last try. I thought the cheetahjs winger was justifed in venting a bit and a lot more would have been made of it had it of been a close game. Watch the foxtel highlights (1.38 min) and you can just see carter holding him back in the corner of the vision.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
the gambler said:
Rob Egerton could get away with the socks down look because he just looked scruffy in general. Some of the players with better sun tans and calves the size of tree trunks can as well because who is going to argue. Carter on the other hand should focus on looking like a rugby player as much as he can.

this endlessly annoys me with JO'C too. makes him look even more britney-esque.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
mark_s said:
Scarfman said:

Carter held the winger back when we scored our last try. I thought the cheetahjs winger was justifed in venting a bit and a lot more would have been made of it had it of been a close game. Watch the foxtel highlights (1.38 min) and you can just see carter holding him back in the corner of the vision.

Evidence starting at about 4.00, but bless his socks the young man actually passed the ball not once but twice in consecutive phases:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dclniRwdE0g

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There were murmurs of surprise around where I was sitting on Saturday night when we saw that and the odd unbelieving shout. I had to look his name up in the programme - surely it couldn't be...but it was.

It was like the watching the elder Steve Waugh hooking Flintoff into the O'Reilly stand.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lee Grant said:
There were murmurs of surprise around where I was sitting on Saturday night when we saw that (passed the ball, that is) and the odd unbelieving shout.

Murmurs? Shout? Lee, I know age may be catching up with you but there was a mighty roar from pedallist and myself, and a chorus of others in the Members, INCLUDING YOU! My ears are still ringing from your surprised cry, "Carter passed it!".

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
that was a pretty decent tug he put on that winger. and didn't get caught. good man.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Fine line though Newb. Had he been caught and the try pulled up I would have been prepared to shoot him. Given the winger had little chance of catching Caldwell I think it was a risky move.

R

rugbywhisperer

I thought that when Carter came on against the Cheetas, despite the score at the time the game could have gone either way from that point.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
As I said to Scarfman at the time, I think TC actually grabbed the dreds of Not Nokwe which is why he got so pissed. The footage doesnt really show it but if he did, pretty low act.

Talking of dreds, I notice the George Snith is growing his hair quite long again these days. Wonder if he is getting ready to put the dreds back in to raise his marketing profile when he goes OS.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
rugbywhisperer said:
I thought that when Carter came on against the Cheetas, despite the score at the time the game could have gone either way from that point.

Why, rw? Did you expect - or hope - that the Cheetahs would continually run through him, which is the only conceivable way that his presence on the field could have turned the result around in the last 13 minutes?

At some point commonsense should kick in over preconception.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I didn't see the incident with the opposition winger, but he did well otherwise after he came on. Couple of nice offloads, tackled well.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Carter is on the bench and the alleged breakout of scintillating backline attack is yet to be seen. Halangahu is static, Barnes moves in slow motion & kicks a mountain of ball away, Horne lacks bulk & power. Without Carter, the backline lacks size & direct running.

Its a real worry that the Tahs backs couldn't unlock the putrid defence of the Cheetahs.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Bruce Ross said:
rugbywhisperer said:

Why, rw? Did you expect - or hope - that the Cheetahs would continually run through him, which is the only conceivable way that his presence on the field could have turned the result around in the last 13 minutes?

Easy there Bruce! As the tahs went on to win well, RW is obviously saying that Carter's presence was a game winner

R

rugbywhisperer

Bruce Ross said:
rugbywhisperer said:

Dear Bruce,
Please contact my secretary regarding the next scheduled date for a humor appreciation lecture.
Yours
RW

Status
Not open for further replies.