• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tonga v A: 16th July 10:00am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Lose says the bloke on his arse for 5 minutes had had worse at club level and we are scared of contact. Think he might be of Tongan heritage, like he’s commentating a game only his team will see

Last edited:

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
A big criticism of the Aus A defence. Too much arm grabbing. Near the sideline the Tongan wing was perilously close and Sinclair could have driven him into touch with a solid hit. But nope. Let him fight his way back in field.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This tour been a massive success in my eyes. I didn't expect to beat Samoa, thought Fiji would thrash us and Tonga would go close. Credit to the coaching staff and players. Gilmore looks good at getting a team to gel quickly.

Our tight 5 wasn't the best on paper but they fronted up.

If Fiji win I think we win the title?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
But they had such an exciting backline pre tournament

They did. But without those players and arguably even with them they didn't pose the threat they promised. If not for errors on our behalf marching them down field and into those position the score would have been a lot uglier for them as at no stage did it look like they'll break out.

Status
Not open for further replies.