• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC 2022: All Blacks v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good effort but still a long way to go to bring this sort of planning, applied with sustained accuracy and effort, on a weekly basis.

Spanking the Wallabies twice with two such efforts would be nice and earn a few brownie points.
Yep but by same token, I will enjoy the good performnces when they come, like the rest of the world mate!

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
"The rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"

Heres looking at you kid
Hasta La Vista....baby
I could of been a contender
Yippee kay yay m#ther f@rker
Open the pod bay doors HAL
Let some steam off...Bennett

With regards, Lots of Love
All Blacks 2022

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This makes for rather better viewing that the one in post #1...

IMG_1169.JPG

Just shows what can happen when the forwards play like rugby union footballers not gym rats & the backs play like rugby union footballers not rugby bots. Still plenty of work-ons, of course, such as Lomax not going out not contact like there's a steel rod connecting his pelvis to his skull & I still wanna see ASmith running more (one run last night for five-odd easy metres & an easy offload 'cos the D just weren't expecting it, just like his one & only run v SA) but mostly happy with the performance. Will need to be at least as focussed v Wobs who won't be as shite as they were v SA & surely won't drop as much ball as Pumas did last night.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Was a fun watch but Fozzie has lucied my Charlie Brown football too often in the last 3 years for me to get excited.

At least "Shit Mccaw" did the business and murdered a few people. Rieko looked sharp. Will Jordan did not. Afterdavid had some urgency.

3 handling errors in 80 mins in the driving rain is a total freakshow

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes very good performance from the ABs.

Good tactics, good energy (how good was it to see Caleb Clarke fired up in the haka) and good execution.

The chipping in behind in wet conditions can be very effective so was happy to see that tactic used.

I think the ABs have found their new starting front row.

The backline looked better than Christchurch for sure - a bit more depth on the ball.

Now the question is whether they can replicate this in Melbourne for Bledisloe 1. Wallabies will surely come out fired up after their worst performance of the season.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think the ABs have found their new starting front row.
You'd like to think that, wouldnt you? WOULDN'T YOU? Because that's exactly when Fozzie will trundle out Ofa, Nepo and Codie. "To retain the Bledisloe we need to turn to our senior-most contracted players".

#facepalm

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually was watching again yesterday, and I still gobsmacked by the handling. 3 spills in those conditions with the amount of ball movement was I think something to be appreciated. It could of also partly been because the ball was won pretty well so less passing under pressure.
Anyway, as I tend to be a pretty happy fella anyway, although it only one test, I will bloody enjoy the good win, and the skills shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.