• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC 2022: All Blacks v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sam Cane will be dragged kicking and screaming out of the All Blacks cos he knows, travelling the world playing for the All Blacks, national heroes etc,

giphy-downsized-large.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gotta give The Boys a chance to Redeem Themselves & show their Resilience. That's the Learnings from last week. Resilience & Redemption.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
And, who the hell judges a player on stats?? Stats, well the ones they tend to use on tv are so random as to mean nothing. Hell if you looked at Richie McCaw's stats , they didn't make great reading at times, but look at the game and what he did that was meaningful, was a a whole different story.
Maybe ritchie's stats were skewed because of his cloak of invisibility?

I'll see myself out ....

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Remind me who lost last week...

Argentina: Juan Cruz Mallia, Emiliano Boffelli, Matias Moroni, Matias Orlando, Santiago Cordero, Santiago Carreras, Tomas Cubelli, Pablo Matera, Marcos Kremer, Santiago Grondona, Tomas Lavanini, Guido Petti, Joel Sclavi, Julian Montoya (c), Thomas Gallo. Reserves: Santiago Socino, Mayco Vivas, Eduardo Bello, Matias Alemanno, Juan Martin Gonzalez, Samso, Gonzalo Bertranou, Benjamin Urdapilleta, Lucio Cinti.

I don't think any of those changes are injury related.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thing is, the chances of the ABs being that poor with the Argies that good are probably low.

Foster Victory March To Glorious Uncertainty.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
And, who the hell judges a player on stats?? Stats, well the ones they tend to use on tv are so random as to mean nothing. Hell if you looked at Richie McCaw's stats , they didn't make great reading at times, but look at the game and what he did that was meaningful, was a a whole different story.
Someone on G&GR used to do a breakdown after each Test of the Top 3 players to every breakdown and their effectiveness at the breakdown. Even in his last year, McCaw was consistently in the Top 3 - often at No. 1. His workrate and his motor even at the end of his career was amazing...

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Someone on G&GR used to do a breakdown after each Test of the Top 3 players to every breakdown and their effectiveness at the breakdown. Even in his last year, McCaw was consistently in the Top 3 - often at No. 1. His workrate and his motor even at the end of his career was amazing...

ForceFan

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Met Service forecasting it to be raining in The Tron by lunchtime & for it to get heavier as the day goes on - possibly torrential by late evening. But at least it won't be cold or windy. God I hope we don't try to play dry-track footy: just pretend it's CheeChee at the business end of Super Rugby & keep it tight, please.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
One thing WOB, the ground at FMG is usually bloody good and doesn't as rule cut up, so that helps.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good news is that it only started raining an hour or so ago & isn't all that heavy yet so the really heavy stuff may not arrive until after the game.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Having Dalton Papalii in the side will go a long way to raising the toughness and high motor effort needed by the All Blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.