• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - All Blacks v Springboks @ Townsville 25/09

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
What are we thinking? ABs by a stack or will the Boks finally click and execute their bosh game plan?

TBH if our guys were making the green shirts puff, I can't see any result but the ABs forcing them into oxygen tank use - particularly in the tropics.
It'll be a blood bath.... ABs will put them to the sword

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SA almost always push AB close, despite results v Wobs I'm expecting an arm-wrestle in the midst of a shit-fight. AB by <12.

Fast-forward the first 14min:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have said on other thread, I am a little nevous on this. Boks will be pretty angry how poor they were on weekend and they will want someone to pay. Add to that it's the ABs, and anyone who has been around rugby in NZ and SA as long as I have,knows how the Bok.AB tests usually pan out. Bloody hard and brutal!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Man, even if the Springbok pull off a huge upset - ABs are already on 20 points. Don't you bastards ever get tired of winning?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I have said on other thread, I am a little nevous on this. Boks will be pretty angry how poor they were on weekend and they will want someone to pay. Add to that it's the ABs, and anyone who has been around rugby in NZ and SA as long as I have,knows how the Bok.AB tests usually pan out. Bloody hard and brutal!
I agree. I never underestimate a Boks team.

Man, even if the Springbok pull off a huge upset - ABs are already on 20 points. Don't you bastards ever get tired of winning?
No. :p

dru

Tim Horan (67)
ABs will likely follow the programme of starting conservative and taking points by 3. Until they are comfortable and lash out. Final score simply depends on how quickly ABs gain that comfort. previously I had thought the the Boks could hold them in the wrestle across the 80 for a tight game. I don't think that's the case now.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
NZ haven't played a lot of tight games these past two years (because they've been dealing out thrashings), if SA can keep it close they might be able to rattle the cage a bit.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1st 20 Minutes:

giphy.gif

Rest Of Match (South Africa)

giphy.gif

Rest Of Match (NZ)

giphy.gif

AB Bench Comes On:

3PBK.gif

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I expect an intense first 40 minutes. Boks have apologised to the nation for their performance and openly said worst performance since 2018. Surely they will fire up.

If ABs can weather the storm they should be able to really damage the Boks ala Wallabies-Boks 2. However, if Boks disrupt the ABs it could end up more like Wallabies-Boks 1.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

So the best we could do is 2nd. Fuggit. And we still have to get past the Argies...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I expect an intense first 40 minutes. Boks have apologised to the nation for their performance and openly said worst performance since 2018. Surely they will fire up.

If ABs can weather the storm they should be able to really damage the Boks ala Wallabies-Boks 2. However, if Boks disrupt the ABs it could end up more like Wallabies-Boks 1.

Firing up is not a sustainable, winning game plan. For Bok supporters, it was a hell of a ride in the last 2 years but anyone with half a brain can see that things will have to change.

We have been found out. Finn Russel finally showed it to Gatland in the last 30 of the 3d Lions test but we hung on because that day the defense clicked.

Rennie was watching as was every other international coach.

I can not believe that Nienaber and Rassie believe that this way of playing is sustainable. It works a treat against teams who get sucked into a shitfight and relies on the defense working 100%. It also relies on the right bench which we have not had in Aus.

I think it will be close for 60 but we will run out of puff. We looked tired.

I hope Kolbe is fit.
Hope Reinach starts. Faf was crap.
Mostert was too slow at blind side for 80 and needs to drop to bench. Start the du Preez brothers at 7 and 8 with Vermeulen on the bench. He does not look fit enough after long injury.
Start Ox Nche at LH for mobility
Anyone else at 3.
Willie looks a yard off the pace at 15. Start WIllemse with Jantjes on bench. He has always been good coming on against ABs

It's not going to be fun to watch.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Firing up is not a sustainable, winning game plan. For Bok supporters, it was a hell of a ride in the last 2 years but anyone with half a brain can see that things will have to change.

We have been found out. Finn Russel finally showed it to Gatland in the last 30 of the 3d Lions test but we hung on because that day the defense clicked.

Rennie was watching as was every other international coach.

I can not believe that Nienaber and Rassie believe that this way of playing is sustainable. It works a treat against teams who get sucked into a shitfight and relies on the defense working 100%. It also relies on the right bench which we have not had in Aus.

I think it will be close for 60 but we will run out of puff. We looked tired.

I hope Kolbe is fit.
Hope Reinach starts. Faf was crap.
Mostert was too slow at blind side for 80 and needs to drop to bench. Start the du Preez brothers at 7 and 8 with Vermeulen on the bench. He does not look fit enough after long injury.
Start Ox Nche at LH for mobility
Anyone else at 3.
Willie looks a yard off the pace at 15. Start WIllemse with Jantjes on bench. He has always been good coming on against ABs

It's not going to be fun to watch.
Is Willemse the only back-up 10 outside Elton? because Pollard's form is in the pits.