• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - Wallabies v Boks @ Suncorp 18/09

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Will be going for the Boks the next couple of weeks.
meidcolour.png

tragic

John Solomon (38)
are there crowd restrictions? usually Suncorp would be busier than that i woulda thought.
No restrictions other than wear a mask when not eating/drinking. It was pretty quiet and not a lot of atmosphere to be honest.
Paid for top seats and could have just bought crap seats and sat wherever we wanted.
Hopefully some good results might bring back the crowds.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Really noticeable how Quade is going low and hard in defence and sticking his tackles.

And finding grass with his kicks.

Really enjoying watching his redemption - both for him personally and also for the impact it has had on the test team.

Kerevi has also added to his game. Better in defence and much more respectful with the ball in attack, but still as powerful and dynamic as ever.
Was always a Quade fan, but despaired at times over his career. He is showing himself to be the player a lot of people thought he would be years ago. Obviously the journey has been longer but he really is something of a revelation. Great to see, and great for him to get this chance to prove some points. And it is the basics he is being lauded for. Who'd have thunk it?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Also SA deserve it. That style of rugby they’re playing is horrid and should be punished.
Well, it is effective in its place, but they've been sucked into thinking it's all they need. They are a better group of players than "this stuff all the time". They'll bounce back and this past week has been the shock they needed. Not many would have picked it.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
No restrictions other than wear a mask when not eating/drinking. It was pretty quiet and not a lot of atmosphere to be honest.
Paid for top seats and could have just bought crap seats and sat wherever we wanted.
Hopefully some good results might bring back the crowds.
Is is a single ticket for both games?

Always a problem with double headers - spectators just want one and don't come for both. 5 hours + would be a long time if you had kids or light on fans

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Well, it is effective in its place, but they've been sucked into thinking it's all they need. They are a better group of players than "this stuff all the time". They'll bounce back and this past week has been the shock they needed. Not many would have picked it.
Oh yeah undoubtedly effective. I more mean I’d much rather see positive rugby win out and be rewarded over negative rugby.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Was always a Quade fan, but despaired at times over his career. He is showing himself to be the player a lot of people thought he would be years ago. Obviously the journey has been longer but he really is something of a revelation. Great to see, and great for him to get this chance to prove some points. And it is the basics he is being lauded for. Who'd have thunk it?
The basics, defence, and calm.

tragic

John Solomon (38)

Always a problem with double headers - spectators just want one and don't come for both. 5 hours + would be a long time if you had kids or light on fans
Yeah it is - but you’d think the first game would’ve brought the crowds being the wobs - then attrition for the second.
But it was pretty flat.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

5 hours of rugby means youll spend more on food and grog than on the tickets. It's literally downhill from the XXXX brewery to Suncorp and you still pay close to $10 for a gold.......

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
5 hours of rugby means youll spend more on food and grog than on the tickets. It's literally downhill from the XXXX brewery to Suncorp and you still pay close to $10 for a gold.......

It’s across the road from Newstead brewing as well.

Blame the government for that. I believe we are the only state who can’t sell full strength beer from the main bar at all large events (sports, concerts, festivals).

Cheeky trick is to swing into the members bar on the second floor I think - they sell bottles of full strength (Heineken and Crown last I was there so it was a while ago) for $10 and you can pour into a cup and take to your seat.

I went to a number of sports games in California just before Covid. Getting a beer at those was like having access to Willy Wonka’s factory compared to our stadiums.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It would be nice from the perspective of our chances of winning the Championship, but equally it’s be nice to see NZ absolutely pump SA to show it’s not just us who gets belted by them!
Or boks to beat ABs to show we really have improved. But personally I think ABs showing the they are form team and destined to win back no. 1 ranking shortly