• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 4 South Africa v Australia - Saturday 13 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RuckinGoodStats

Who is better?
I was slumming it at a pub after the Club final last week and then were some refs, some professional (o.k. so paid to ref) and some volunteer refs there. Showed them their Super15 stats and after several conversations they collectively thought that the RWC final will end up being ref'ed by either B Lawrence, Joubert or Rolland. Since refs decided the fate of other refs (could have a Ref Idol show in the works, imagine if the public got to vote?) I thought that might be how it ends up. Thought I would throw that out there...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So whats the feeling on the odds?

SA $1.60
Aus $2.30

Seems about right to me. I think the Wallabies have a real chance due to the lack of combination in the Saffer side, but the home advantage means they have to be favourites.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

SA $1.60
Aus $2.30

Seems about right to me. I think the Wallabies have a real chance due to the lack of combination in the Saffer side, but the home advantage means they have to be favourites.

??

Lack of game time maybe but these guys have played together more than any other international side in many years.

They are rusty. Some haven't played for seven weeks, some even longer.

That's to me what give the Wallabies a real chance.

I'd me more inclined to put a lazy ten on the Wllabies but looks like there is more bvalue in margins betting. Thankfully I don't bet. :)

H

hobo

hello green and gold forums.
since the all blacks are sending a B side to SA that will probably lose, if australia win tonight( which i think they will) the 8-1 odds on australia winning the trinations is super value IMO.
GET ON!!

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)

SA $1.60
Aus $2.30

Not a bad bet on AUS i think. I will be very surprised if the boks don't look very rusty and drop a shit full of ball and loose by 5.

But still win the RWC obviously.

Welcome hobo

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
So far, my impressions are: your scrum is doing okay; but you'll be lucky not to lose at least one player on a dodgy tackling citing; and that, at the breakdown, you are as dumb as a bucket of hair.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
This isn't much of a spectacle so far; a few bursts of excitement (nerve wracking, certainly).

Forwards are doing pretty well; Alexander, Moore in particular.

Backs showing some class in flashes; AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) having a shocker in attack, passable in defence.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
6-0 after 40 mins.

Pretty frustrating from Oz....plenty of spilled ball, knock ons, penalties, wasted chances. Kurtley was close on the buzzer but then it got blown up for half time.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So far, my impressions are: your scrum is doing okay; but you'll be lucky not to lose at least one player on a dodgy tackling citing; and that, at the breakdown, you are as dumb as a bucket of hair.

And apparently the Bokke are unpenalisable. Go figure.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Some good tackles from the Wobs in the first half, but some easy yeards from the Boks on their own scrum.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
By the way, Channel Nine viewers; do you think this game's a Test match? I'm not sure they could mention that more often.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
every time a wallaby makes a half break, or even gets over the advantage line, it seems like they are in shock and think that they have to throw a miracle ball ball so that we can score on that phase

Status
Not open for further replies.