• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Think 22 will be Barnes or Gits. McCabe will get pushed to the wing can play wing and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to fullback.

I'm not sure if the interview QC (Quade Cooper) and Beale did made the situation better or worse. Just after the ARU has investigated and cleared them they come out and say there was a disagreement and they sorted it out. As adults thats fair enough, so why tell the media?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Think it will be Barnes or Gits. McCabe will get pushed to the wing can play wing and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to fullback.

line up is already announced.

Wallabies team: Kurtley Beale, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Anthony Fainga'a, Pat McCabe, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Radike Samo, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom, James Horwill (captain), Dan Vickerman, Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Sekope Kepu. Res: Saia Fainga'a, Salesi Ma'afu, Rob Simmons, Ben McCalman, Scott Higginbotham, Luke Burgess, one TBA.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing and spot 22 is TBA. if barnes is still playing the night before i'd say he's ruled out.
Giteau....unless they are going left field and gerard (also unavailable for the barbarians game) is getting a jersey.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Plenty of that. Hard to argue that Moore, Alexander, Samo, Higginbotham, Elsom, Horwill, McCalman aren't mobile.

Individual players may be very mobile, but we're talking pack mobility.

Personally I think they'll be good enough.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
They will be moblile enough. The bench is geared for it to be maintaned. Simmons will come on for a tireing Vickerman and Higgers for samo. The rest are proven 80 minute players and have the match fitness to back it up. I would not be suprised to see us play more a position game and pressure the AB Lineout. Height is on our side in this department.

Paddysboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Looks like the biggest pack I've seen us put on the park in a while. Stats according to the ARU website (and Tahs as Vickerman wasn't listed...).
Kgs Cm
Ben A 117 189
Squaky 112 186
Kepu 125 188
Vickerman120 203
Big Kev 115 200
Rocky 106 197
Radike 117 197
Bam Bam 101 181
913kgs

Higgers 110 195
Saia 100 187
McCalman106 192
Ma'afu 126 184
Simmons 115 200

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
eh?

Are you saying a combination of individuals can work against each others mobility?

Yes, in fact that's exactly what I'm saying. Spacing in defence, counterrucking, hell, even moving the defensive line forward, are all dependent on working together.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks like the biggest pack I've seen us put on the park in a while. Stats according to the ARU website (and Tahs as Vickerman wasn't listed...).
Kgs Cm
Ben A 117 189
Squaky 112 186
Kepu 125 188
Vickerman120 203
Big Kev 115 200
Rocky 106 197
Radike 117 197
Bam Bam 101 181
913kgs

Higgers 110 195
Saia 100 187
McCalman106 192
Ma'afu 126 184
Simmons 115 200

Well you only have to look at Fainga'a and McCalman's weights to know they are not up to Test standard in their position. It's also why I think they could both play a 7 role during the WC.

I doubt Vicks is 120kg these days, looks much leaner.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Well you only have to look at Fainga'a and McCalman's weights to know they are not up to Test standard in their position. It's also why I think they could both play a 7 role during the WC.

I doubt Vicks is 200kg these days, looks much leaner.

Jeez you'd hope so
Surley Fainga'a weighs more, he looks a bit pudgy, someone's gotta get him in the gym during the off-season to bulk up more.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yes, in fact that's exactly what I'm saying. Spacing in defence, counterrucking, hell, even moving the defensive line forward, are all dependent on working together.

So you want our forwards to work as a team. I agree.

Of course if they don't, it won't just be 'mobility' that is affected.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

I doubt Vicks is 120kg these days, looks much leaner.

Well with that sort of reasoning, Mafu is our saviour.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Turner is the most likely person to be brought onto the bench.

I'd be surprised if Deans picked Barnes. I think he'd much prefer BB and Rob Horne to play a full game for the Baa Baas.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
They were doing some full contact drills, it was pretty willing. Sanchez had to go get stitches. He returned with headgear on, but left the field again shortly after, seemed precautionary

the test team looked like:

1. Kepu, 2. Squeak, 3. Alexander, 4. Kev, 5. Simo, 6. Rocky, 7. Pocock, 8. Samo, 9. Burgo (Sanchez was off, assuming he will start), 10. Cooper, 11. Digby, 12. A Finger, 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), 14. McCabe, 15. KB (Kurtley Beale)

12, 13 and 14 might have been in slightly different configuration, but couldn't tell with the view I had.

Not sure how I missed Vicks...

One other thing I forgot to mention. Fuck it looked good seeing Drew involved in the contact. didn't look to be holding back at all. He has done well to get back this quick, Seeing what happened to him live at the ground, I thought he was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.