• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rd 2 2021: Blues vs NSFW Waratahs

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
NSW going too high into contact, Auckland happy to wrestle them and slow the ball right down. Basically turning front-foot ball into back-foot ball.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So i guess the positive from this game is that Bell and Gordon are fucken ace.

Only 21 players to go.

Swinton has been pretty good aside from a dumb penalty

Aside from those 3, Harrison is class and I’m happy to have Maddocks, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Perese and the two young locks hanging about. Add in Hanigan and Hooper v the Chiefs at Brookvale in the last round I reckon we are winning.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scrappy effort but got the result to remain at the top of the table. Will need to be significantly better/more consistent against the Brumbies.

Good to see Papali'i return and Sullivan continue to play well from fullback.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Some sloppy brainless rubbish from the good guys. Reds and Bumberries would have punished them for that.

Turgid 1st half from Akira but at least he got into his work defensively in the 2nd.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Some sloppy brainless rubbish from the good guys. Reds and Bumberries would have punished them for that.

Turgid 1st half from Akira but at least he got into his work defensively in the 2nd.

I dunno. From what I've seen so far the kiwis are dropping down a gear across the board. Still winning handily.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Scrappy effort but got the result to remain at the top of the table. Will need to be significantly better/more consistent against the Brumbies.
giphy.gif

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Gamble was impressive while he was on too. All the injuries and reshuffles have killed us . Douglas coming off killed us, whettons not up to much.

P

Pokinacha

I’ve worked out that you should always pass Quade cooper style, back handed as it seems that regardless of the ball going forward, it’s not a forward pass

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I’ve worked out that you should always pass Quade cooper style, back handed as it seems that regardless of the ball going forward, it’s not a forward pass

isnt that actually the rule? as long as the ball comes backwards out of the hand.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Personal pet peeve. If there’s a line and moves from behind it to in front, it shouldn’t matter how it came out of the hand

Yeah Mungo ball does forwards way better. They also don't have the awful yellow card for an 'intentional knock down'.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
For mine the biggest difference between the Waratahs (and some of the other Aus teams) and the kiwis is the difference in the athlecism and physicality of the outside backs and loose forwards - we just don't have the calibre of athletes to compete and it's this mismatch that's leading to the missed tackles.

It was no more apparent when you had Alex Newsome and James Turner marking Reiko Ioane and Bryce Heem. There will definitely be apologists on this forum but the reality is that these very much are 'athletic' positions.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
For mine the biggest difference between the Waratahs (and some of the other Aus teams) and the kiwis is the difference in the athlecism and physicality of the outside backs and loose forwards - we just don't have the calibre of athletes to compete and it's this mismatch that's leading to the missed tackles.

It was no more apparent when you had Alex Newsome and James Turner marking Reiko Ioane and Bryce Heem. There will definitely be apologists on this forum but the reality is that these very much are 'athletic' positions.

dont think youll find many apologists for newsome tbf