• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rd 2 2021: Blues vs NSFW Waratahs

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
F*** you don't want that happening, people will drop Stan if that happens to much.
It was a hard watch to begin with. Was a bit of a hassle as it didn’t save where it stopped when I got it back up. Got there in the end. Hopefully just teething problems

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
While we're getting walloped as a nation, there are some bright lights - even the Tahs showed some decent physicality and Charlie Gamble played his best game since Petersham days. Absolutely tore the Blues a new one at ruck time.

Angus Bell and Jake Gordon are head and shoulders the best players in that team, with Dave Porecki and Will harrison not far behind.

But it was mostly Colts versus veterans, and it showed. At least our scrum wasn't totally buttfucked like the Rebels last week.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Gamble was best on field in my opinion. Was everywhere. For us, anyways.
We could do with more carries from 4, 5, 6 and 8 to get some front foot ball.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep Gamble was brilliant. So much so that I think he might have ended Blake Gibson's Blues career in comparison - Gibson is at best the 3rd choice 7 now.

The difference in quality of the two benches was quite apparent - Blues were able to bring on ABs (Hodgman, Papali'i, Tuipulotu) and highly rated youngsters (Vikena, Kneepkens etc).

With some quality recruitment in the offseason I think Tahs can actually be dangerous - it's worth noting on points scored they've scored more points over the first 2 rounds than all the other Aussie teams plus the Chiefs and Highlanders.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Yep Gamble was brilliant. So much so that I think he might have ended Blake Gibson's Blues career in comparison - Gibson is at best the 3rd choice 7 now.

The difference in quality of the two benches was quite apparent - Blues were able to bring on ABs (Hodgman, Papali'i, Tuipulotu) and highly rated youngsters (Vikena, Kneepkens etc).

With some quality recruitment in the offseason I think Tahs can actually be dangerous - it's worth noting on points scored they've scored more points over the first 2 rounds than all the other Aussie teams plus the Chiefs and Highlanders.

It's interesting how the coaching talk has died down now, I guess we're all just battening down the hatches to weather the SRTT storm, and wait for the new coach announcement.

Chris Whittaker has been seen as a uninspiring attack coach for quite a while, and yet attack is the one bright spot for the Tahs, whereas Gilmore's stocks as a possible head coach must have taken a battering, him being responsible for defence all season. . .

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Gilmore seems to take the captains chair for the games. That’s if I’m identifying him right when the go to the box for reaction.