• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rnd 1: Highlanders v Reds

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Highlanders have really not been anything special - I wonder if reds got nz stage fright (ie they are actually better then we’re 2 years ago when playing nz teams)

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Need to use Campbell on the exits. Has the longest most accurate kick this year. His 1 clearance tonight was try line to out on the 40.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hegarty could have booted that ball way down t
Yeah Highlanders bringing absolutely nothing and Reds losing because they can't execute an exit. It's like i've entered a time machine.
yeh this is not reds of recent weeks. Highlanders are beatable on what I have seen cf recent super rugby performances - just really poor exit management by reds

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
And Marinos wants a full season of this. Fking moronic
I think like many of us who have been saying the positivity of super rugby au could come unstuck with TT could prove correct. Without an open borders policy 5 oz teams and 5 kiwi teams in TT competition is not the answer and neither is less oz teams in pro rugby which tells you the answer...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The lack of a straight runner in midfield is telling. All play is going lateral and the passing has been shocking.

Kalani Thomas is not ready to be a Super Rugby player. I reckon he made more errors in the one half than McDermott has all season.

Loss of lot of experience in forwards and flook is no hunter...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They need to bring on tupou and mcreight as otherwise this will be a major whitewash.
And otherwise calls for our own domestic competition will be growing louder.
Hell I thought Reds were going ok. I know the Clan is short a fair few too, but to be this negative after 40 minutes of a comp???:rolleyes:

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I think like many of us who have been saying the positivity of super rugby au could come unstuck with TT could prove correct. Without an open borders policy 5 oz teams and 5 kiwi teams in TT competition is not the answer and neither is less oz teams in pro rugby which tells you the answer.

I would love someone to tell me what benefit a full season of Trans Tasman brings Australian rugby.

Watching RA seriously consider it as an option is like watching a former alcoholic friend trying to justify to himself why "just one beer couldn't hurt".

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's a 6 day turn around after a title win with more than a 3rd of the starting side out. I wouldn't be writing the whole of Australian rugby off just yet.
Problem is kiwis and press itching to do so - we don’t have depth to cover resting players