• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U16/U19 Competition 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Cracking game, Force the better drilled side from the start but the Reds warmed into the game and got home off the back of some individual brilliance and a stronger bench.

Sowerby, Nason and Bierton the Qld standouts for me, along with the bench front row. Sowerby in everything looking a bit like a combo of Wilson and McReight. Bierton perfect off the tee was the difference. There were glimpses of what Goldsborough has to offer and he was very dangerous with ball in hand, but the Reds really struggled to get it to him cleanly.

Bronlund was excellent for the Force, a real mongrel of a 6. Prass was good too, but his missed kicks from the tee hurt with 4 missed conversions the difference. There was also a winger without a number on his back for the Force who had a great game, but I'm not certain who it was, maybe Tiam Toufan?

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Ballymore yesterday

A few people’s (the haters) heads are going to explode when they see this weeks under 19s team of the week. Imagine if some of those young fellas make the Wallabies under 20s squad. There may be a storming of Parliament House.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Also at Forshaw Rugby Park (1:00 pm Sun local time), is the first of two matches between the Reds and Waratahs U15s

ROUND 3​

Sat 14 October

Brumbies v Rebels, Viking Park ACT,
U16s 11.25am,
U19s 1.00pm

Sun 15 October

Waratahs v Reds, Forshaw Rugby Park NSW,
U16s 11.25am
U19s 2.45pm (Waratahs Facebook page has this as a 2.20pm start)

Force BYE

1697106657300.png
1697106697924.png

Last edited:

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Sunday

New South Wales Waratahs U16s v Queensland Reds U16s | Sunday 15 October | 11:25am AEST | Forshaw Rugby Park, Sydney | Watch live via Stan Sport​

1. Kingsley Uys (c) | The Southport School
  2. Keido Goulding | Queensland Country | King’s Christian College
  3. Berakah Tuifaasisina | Ipswich State High School
  4. Bennett Armistead | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  5. William Ross | Padua College
  6. Gray O'Neill | Brisbane Boys College
  7. Trent Picot | Brisbane State High School
  8. Oliver Nasser | St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace
  9. William Graham | St John’s College Nambour
  10. Finn Mackay | St Laurence’s College
  11. Brock Coombes | Ipswich Grammar School
  12. Max Blanch | Anglican Church Grammar School
  13. Connor Clifford | St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace
  14. Myles Rosemond | Queensland Country | Ignatius Park College
  15. Tyson Walker | Ipswich Grammar School
  16. Isaac Rauluni | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  17. Liam Robinson | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  18. Berakah Tuifaasisina | Ipswich State High School
  19. Ed Kasprowicz | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  20. Jack Randall | Brisbane Boys College
  21. Jack Brown | Toowoomba Grammar School
  22. Fletcher Austin | Anglican Church Grammar School
  23. Clay Andrews | Brisbane Boys College

New South Wales Waratahs U15s v Queensland Reds U15s | Sunday 15 October | 1:05pm AEST | Forshaw Rugby Park, Sydney | Watch live via Rugby Xplorer​

1. Jeremiah Harbottle | Ipswich Grammar School
  2. Aiden Luke | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  3. Gavin Wilson-Tyers | Downlands College
  4. Jack Calleja | Ipswich Grammar School
  5. Lane Edmonds (c) | Ipswich Grammar School
  6. Rhymen Tusi | Toowoomba Grammar School
  7. Keegan Cook | King’s Christian College
  8. Agapetos Lote Felo | The Southport School
  9. Alfie Bowman | Anglican Church Grammar School
  10. Bond Bradley | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  11. Dylan Terblanche | The Southport School
  12. Pierre Poluleuligaga | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  13. Harper Enasio | Brisbane Grammar School
  14. Miki Toquero | Good Counsel College Innisfail
  15. Isaac Fidock | King's Christian College
  16. Ruben Kruger | Toowoomba Grammar School
  17. Harrison Asi | Wavell State High School
  18. Harrison Humphreys | Toowoomba Grammar School
  19. Craig Thaggard | Proserpine State High School
  20. Harry Bate | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  21. Kobi Nouanrasy | King's Christian College
  22. Oliver Kennedy | All Saints Anglican School
  23. Leo Fanuatanu | Marist College Emerald

New South Wales Waratahs U19s v Queensland Reds U19s | Sunday 15 October | at 2:45pm AEST | Forshaw Rugby Park, Sydney | Watch live via Stan Sport​

1. Macarius Pereira | St Joseph’s Nudgee College
  2. Aidan Taylor | Brothers
  3. Lehopo Leota | Iona College | Brothers
  4. Charlie Brosnan | Brothers
  5. Alex Kerr | Easts
  6. Cooper Cameron | Brothers
  7. Joe Liddy (c) | Easts
  8. Pat Sowerby | University of Queensland
  9. Luke Aiken | Sunshine Coast Grammar School | Brothers
  10. Will Nason (vc) | Souths
  11. Denzil Perkins | Souths
  12. Dre Pakeho | Brothers
  13. Frankie Goldsbrough | Anglican Church Grammar School
  14. Ryley Bierton | Souths
  15. Will Mcculloch | Norths
  16. Oliver Barrett | Brothers
  17. Rory Beech | Brothers
  18. Nick Harper | GPS
  19. Tommy O’Callaghan | Souths
  20. Cadel Rees | Souths
  21. Callum Reidy | Norths
  22. Ellis Davies | Brothers
  23. Joe Doljanin | GPS

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
The level of talent Melbourne is producing is really making me question whether we'd be better off with the old 3 team model being ACT, NSW and QLD

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The level of talent Melbourne is producing is really making me question whether we'd be better off with the old 3 team model being ACT, NSW and QLD

Or the reason we should look to grow out the schedule of this competition by having NSW and Qld run two squads each and develop the HP elements around these squads leading into and during the competition.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
This is a very good idea and wouldn’t be hard to implement

Could be done tomorrow fairly easily and would add two more competitive teams to the structure. Ideally if it did happen they'd look to make it a 10 game season as opposed to the current 5. And just to counter the potential comments of kids and games in terms of commitment. Well, I can tell you back when I was 16 and looking at pursuing Rugby at 10 game (potentially 16 week HP schedule with preseason, finals plus monitoring beyond that. Including training programs etc.) would have been very appealing. Additionally, the NRL clubs run longer programs at a similar age. in fact, a quick search tells me Parra runs an 8 month program of 28 sessions. Contrary to what many want to believe. At 16 you have a good idea if you want to pursue sport and you want to be treated as an athlete.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

This also highlights something that needs to be seriously looked at. And that's upskilling players across the board. Now, I cannot remember exactly who it was but a fellow poster here several years back alluded to a program run by Hockey Australia that focuses on upskilling players regardless of level. Open to everyone. It's something I believe should be seriously looked at and implemented in every state but specifically in the likes of WA, Vic, SA, Tas etc.

By upskilling the scene as a whole this will not only help attract and keep kids in the game it will mean the likes of the Rebels and Force will produce increasingly competitive age grade squads. Will also eventually flow on to the Premier grades as well.