• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
[ Off subject WOB, but I see the boy that was seriously injured in college game in Fielding was Mario Fifita's boy (from Levin) ,so he is Sam Tovo's nephew!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: David Havili, Seta Tamanivalu, Jack Goodhue, Ryan Crotty, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Kieran Read, Matt Todd, Jordan Taufua, Sam Whitelock (capt), Scott Barrett, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Tim Perry, Michael Ala'alatoa, Luke Romano, Pete Samu, Mitchell Drummond, Mitchell Hunt, Braydon Ennor.

Hurricanes: Nehe Milner-Skudder, Julian Savea, Jordie Barrett, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Blade Thomson, Gareth Evans, Brad Shields (c), Sam Lousi, Michael Fatialofa, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Ricky Riccitelli, Toby Smith. Reserves: James O'Reilly, Chris Eves, Ben May, Vaea Fifita, Ardie Savea/Reed Prinsep, Jamie Booth, Ihaia West, Wes Goosen.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So you're saying they're due for a win? ;)

Fairfax's resident Hurricanes fan boy Hamish Bidwell thinks so:

"Statistics only serve to show the Crusaders are due a Super Rugby playoff loss"

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...-crusaders-are-due-a-super-rugby-playoff-loss

Boyd is having none of it, of course, sticking to the "we're massive underdogs" script. All I'm going to say is that of all the NZ sides the 'canes worry me most esp if we can't isolate or otherwise shut down Beaugan (I think Crotty, provided he stays on the park of course, will take care of Laumape just as he did in the most recent match).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
[ Off subject WOB, but I see the boy that was seriously injured in college game in Fielding was Mario Fifita's boy (from Levin) ,so he is Sam Tovo's nephew!

NZHurld article I saw said his dad's the coach, talk about a parent's nightmare scenario. Article also said he was awake, eating & in good spirits so hopefully it's "just" bruising of the spinal cord & he makes a full recovery.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Crusaders pack will march over their opposites. Todd will continue to demonstrate that he's the best openside in the country and Mo'unga will out-perform B.Barrett. Laumape will probably send Crotty from the field with his first carry. Not out of malice. Just because Laumape hits the defensive line like a run-away train full of Osmium, while Crotty has an unfortunate history of being easily injured.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
NZHurld article I saw said his dad's the coach, talk about a parent's nightmare scenario. Article also said he was awake, eating & in good spirits so hopefully it's "just" bruising of the spinal cord & he makes a full recovery.

Hope so WOB, I know what you mean about it being a Dad's nightmare, I has similar happen years back when my son got injured playing for Waiopehu against Manawatu college. I can tell you the trip to PN hospital was probably longest trip I have evr had in my life!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The Crusaders pack will march over their opposites. Todd will continue to demonstrate that he's the best openside in the country and Mo'unga will out-perform B.Barrett. Laumape will probably send Crotty from the field with his first carry. Not out of malice. Just because Laumape hits the defensive line like a run-away train full of Osmium, while Crotty has an unfortunate history of being easily injured.

Suspect you right about Crusader,s pack, and if they are as dominant as I think they could be, both Todd and Mounga would want to be on top of their opposites!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A fairly typical sight..........

Crusaders fullback running counter attack off a Canes kick................

He gets tackled, and Owen Franks, still running back onside plonks himself about half a metre in front of his tackled team mate to block the Canes players getting to the breakdown.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Then again at 33rd minute.
How much synergy can you take?
Thank God TJ isn't in the comm box, his little Shell Oil drill bit could achieve synergistic singularity with a Crusaderp fapfest and suck us all down his one-eye.

As opposed to fair & balanced Nisbo......

EDIT: when his 'canes are winning. When they're losing he's not too bad/ sulky but fark me when they're winning he just loses all perspective.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

With Todd at least temporarily out've the picture, Evans has gotta be the backup backup 7 on EOYT.