• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Legendary Blues win against the fearsome Japanese Sunwolves frankenmess franchise with their 2 whole actual Japanese players, a side that's playing out the string prior to being cut from the competition completely a timely ten seconds after RWC 2019 in Japan winds up.

quite rooting the Blues ranga 6, bit of Paul Tito abrasiveness about him. Must be an enraged ranga thing.

Good to see Scrafton back.

Weird seeing John Timu and Walter Little's boys out there. Also Blake Gibson, son of Mel.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
@Dan I always had a sneaky feeling you weren't a CruSadist supporter, good of you to confirm it :) Enare goes alright for a kid who's broken his leg three times in two years, that would've finished a lot of careers so he's gotta be a determined cnut I'd say.

@UTG Ngatai ran the attack & Messam lead the D. AL-B will be a great player but he's not quite there yet & they don't really have a like-for-like replacement for Messam just yet. Plus as I said their lack of depth is being exposed this year whereas in recent years they've managed to compensate - with Ngatai & Messam being front & centre in that regard.
No doubt their absences don’t help but the Chiefs still did alright all those times Ngatai was sitting on the sidelines with his concussion issues and wasn’t Messam effectively a half game player by the end of his career?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
@Dan I always had a sneaky feeling you weren't a CruSadist supporter, good of you to confirm it :) Enare goes alright for a kid who's broken his leg three times in two years, that would've finished a lot of careers so he's gotta be a determined cnut I'd say.

It one of the frustrations in my life WOB, I can't jump ship from the Canes ever, so I can only sit there ,enjoy the rugby the bloody Crusaders play, and marvel at their depth. I sometimes wish I was a little more fickle so I could just pick a team each year to support, would save a lot of heartache!!o_O

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like the Bulls may be a handful to those visiting Loftus. The jury is still out on their credentials when traveling.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Coming up:

Fri 15 Tribe v 'canes: Tribe so desperate for a win they're contemplating starting kiwi Jack at 10 & DMac at 15.

Sat 16 Stormers v Jags (4:10am AEDT so a rare Friday night SA game).

Sat 16 Clan v CruSadists - clearly MOTR

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tribe so desperate for a win they're contemplating starting kiwi Jack at 10 & DMac at 15.
Chiffs loooked wayy better when they did this in last 20. Jack Debraseenmeinmygruds was very vocal at 10 and went well. Although in fairness by then the Cantabs had done the business and were already contemplating their post-match seance or ritual blood sacrifice in the subterranean bowels of old lancaster park or whatever satanic shit they get up to to keep the dynasty ticking over. Crossroads pacts outside Deans old house or some nonsense.

Dmac at 10 is some sort of a joke. "Hey guyz, got this great idea, let me just run 30 metres directly sideways and then when the gap doesnt magically open for me I'll just panic and biff one of you mortified easter island pricks a frantic bailout hospital pass about 60 metres behind the advantage line."

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Chiffs loooked wayy better when they did this in last 20. Jack Debraseenmeinmygruds was very vocal at 10 and went well. Although in fairness by then the Cantabs had done the business and were already contemplating their post-match seance or ritual blood sacrifice in the subterranean bowels of old lancaster park or whatever satanic shit they get up to to keep the dynasty ticking over. Crossroads pacts outside Deans old house or some nonsense.

Dmac at 10 is some sort of a joke. "Hey guyz, got this great idea, let me just run 30 metres directly sideways and then when the gap doesnt magically open for me I'll just panic and biff one of you mortified easter island pricks a frantic bailout hospital pass about 60 metres behind the advantage line."
Funny is the Crusaders bit.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)

I'm a bit of a DMac fan but not so much at 10 - he lives for the broken field and is better suited to 15.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
DMac to 15 but it's MartyMac not kiwi Jack at 10:

Chiefs: Damian McKenzie, Sean Wainui, Tumua Manu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Ataata Moeakiola, Marty McKenzie, Brad Weber; Tyler Ardron, Mitchell Karpik, Mitchell Brown, Michael Allardice, Brodie Retallick (c), Nepo Laulala, Nathan Harris, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ryan Coxon, Angus Ta'avao, Taleni Seu, Luke Jacobson, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Alex Nankivell, Etene Nanai-Seturo.

EDIT: no backup 5/8 named so DMac will likely get some minutes there anyways.

'canes meanwhile have predictably made some changes up front after getting owned by the Clan last week:

Hurricanes: Chase Tiatia, Jordie Barrett, Matt Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Wes Goosen, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara; Ardie Savea, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Vaea Fifita, James Blackwell, Ben May, Dane Coles (c), Toby Smith. Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Fraser Armstrong, Alex Fidow, Liam Mitchell, Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Finlay Christie, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Salesi Rayasi.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...e-from-no-10-to-fullback-for-hurricanes-clash

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...s-shake-up-pack-rest-ben-lam-for-chiefs-clash

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some wag has put the (mis)Chiefs on TradeMe (NZ version of eBay):

1552423300018.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers

15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Dan du Plessis, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 SP Marais, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Juarno Augustus, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff.

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Cobus Wiese, 20 Jaco Coetzee, 21 Justin Phillips, 22 Ruhan Nel, 23 Damian Willemse

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Ben Smith (cc), Waisake Naholo, Sio Tomkinson, Teihorangi Walden, Richard Buckman, Josh Ioane, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock (cc), James Lentjes, Shannon Frizell, Jack Whetton, Josh Dickson, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone.
Replacements: Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Siate Tokolahi, Tom Franklin, Elliot Dixon, Dillon Hunt, Folau Fakatava, Marty Banks

Super Rugby* debut for Jack Whetton

*CORRECTION: Clan debut for Jack Whetton as pointed out by RebelYell below :).

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...ers-stick-with-josh-ioane-for-crusaders-clash

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SamW back to help OFranks mark his 150th appearance:

Crusaders: David Havili, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, Ryan Crotty, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Matt Todd, Jordan Taufua, Sam Whitelock (captain), Scott Barrett, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Harry Allan, Michael Ala'alatoa, Quinten Strange, Tom Sanders, Ere Enari, Brett Cameron, Will Jordan.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ck-for-south-island-derby-against-highlanders

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
SamW back to help OFranks mark his 150th appearance:

Crusaders: David Havili, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, Ryan Crotty, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Matt Todd, Jordan Taufua, Sam Whitelock (captain), Scott Barrett, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Harry Allan, Michael Ala'alatoa, Quinten Strange, Tom Sanders, Ere Enari, Brett Cameron, Will Jordan.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ck-for-south-island-derby-against-highlanders

Geez I pleased to see Enari in the 23, as I said last week that kid really impressed me, such a quick pass off the ground and if that was any indication of his ability I see a bright future for the boy!