• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Trying (& failing) to get my head around the despicable & cowardly events in Christchurch earlier today, gunna be hard to get enthused about footy for the next little while. Deepest sympathy to those who've lost someone to this senseless brutality. Kia Kaha.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
:mad::mad::mad:............... :(:(................condolences and sympathy to all of New Zealand. Just mindless brutality.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Why oh bloody why!!!
Have to admit I watching rugby with the least interest I can remember!! Reminds us of how easy it is for people to hate, and reminds us even in a forum like this remember we all mates and because we have different beliefs or live in different countries .......
OH SHIT!!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It's not easy to hate. It's bloody hard work.
Letting others do their thing while you do yours is bloody easy.
Giving someone a hand up when their down is bloody easy
Thinking the best of people is bloody easy.

Being a I'm better than you because of my skin colour and/or religion and I'm going to kill some of you while you pray is fucking hard work.

Name an atheist terrorist?

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
It's not easy to hate. It's bloody hard work.
Letting others do their thing while you do yours is bloody easy.
Giving someone a hand up when their down is bloody easy
Thinking the best of people is bloody easy.

Being a I'm better than you because of my skin colour and/or religion and I'm going to kill some of you while you pray is fucking hard work.

Name an atheist terrorist?
Stalin. Mao. Bryant. Mcveigh.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Crusaders v Highlanders has been called off as a mark of respect:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=12213322

Correct call IMO. There's been some criticism of Tribe v 'canes going ahead but in fairness the full extent of what had happened in Christchurch was only made public shortly before kickoff.

Then all the nutters came out to play yesterday calling in bomb threats to all the hospitals, nationwide. I went in to drop a coffee off for the wife at her job in the Emergency Dept and found she was on lockdown.

The game would have been an easy target for threats. With the shooter having planted bombs and living in Dunedin, it was a no brainer to call it off.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Then all the nutters came out to play yesterday calling in bomb threats to all the hospitals, nationwide. I went in to drop a coffee off for the wife at her job in the Emergency Dept and found she was on lockdown.

The game would have been an easy target for threats. With the shooter having planted bombs and living in Dunedin, it was a no brainer to call it off.

Aye, sorry for all that. No need for dickheads making a horrible situation even worse. I can't imagine it's a particularly pleasant time in NZ. Hope you all get through this soon and come together stronger than before.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ thanks Dct & we will, as evidenced by the vigils being held up & down the country, the flowers etc appearing outside mosques up & down the country, and the $4.5Mn & counting that's been donated. Gestures like projecting a silver fern onto the Sydney Opera House & world leaders - including two who I'd never have expected such sympathy from (hint: one of them is yours, the other Trump) - offering support & assistance has also been most welcome.

Highlights:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Huh. Only just realised that the other conversation is going on in the 2018 thread instead of this one.

Anyway. Blues to beat the Jacobite's because f*ck you/them. Also blind optimism. Hurricanes to beat the Stormers mostly due to travel. Lions over the Sunwolves because of the Sunwolves being robbed of their home advantage. Would've tipped differently were it in Japan. Bulls over the Chufs because the Chufs are 2019's 2018 Blues.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Round 6:
Fri 22 Bloos v Clan.
HATE to brag but I'm still batting 1,000 with my preseason Blues predictions:
H v Cantabs. please God please let the Cantabs AB’s pack still be at the fucken beach pleeeeeassse
A v Shawks. wft straight on the road already? FFS. Blues don’t travel well. L.
A v Jags. oh god then straight off around the world for ANOTHER rugby match? which sadistic fluffybunny put this fucking schedule together? FUCK YOU PICHOT
H v Sunwolves. now we’re talkin. The 0-3 Blues take on their wooden spoon rivals. First win of the season right here baby!
H v Landers. oh shit we always lose to these pricks. They’re one of those “properly coached rugby teams” that I’ve read about and also seen on the telly.
Sat 23 'canes v Stormers:
haven't seen Stormfront yet this season but the Canes have been totally bipolar and mental. Canes L​

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
BLUES: Melani Nanai, Tanielu Tele'a, TJ Faiane, Ma'a Nonu, Rieko Ioane, Harry Plummer, Jonathan Ruru; Akira Ioane, Blake Gibson (capt), Tom Robinson, Josh Goodhue, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Sione Mafileo, James Parsons, Alex Hodgman. Reserves: Leni Apisai, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Patrick Tuipulotu, Dalton Papalii, Augustine Pulu, Otere Black, Levi Aumua/Matt Duffie.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Ben Smith (cc), Waisake Naholo, Sio Tomkinson, Thomas Umaga-Jensen, Tevita Li, Marty Banks, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock (cc), Dillon Hunt, Shannon Frizell, Tom Franklin, Pari Pari Parkinson, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone.
Replacements: Ray Niuia, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Siate Tokolahi, Josh Dickson, Jackson Hemopo, Folau Fakatava, Josh Ioane, Richard Buckman

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Chase Tiatia, Wes Goosen, Matt Proctor, Jordie Barrett, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, Richard Judd, Reed Prinsep, Ardie Savea, Vaea Fifita, Liam Mitchell, James Blackwell, Ben May, Ricky Riccitelli, Fraser Armstrong. Reserves: James O'Reilly, Xavier Numia, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Isaia Walker-Leawere. Sam Henwood, Finlay Christie, Fletcher Smith, Danny Toala.