• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Teddy Wilson?

Also thought they were great across the board, with a dominant scrum and slightly better weather they were able to really tear through them in the open. Hard to compare much from this game to the last though, Fiji looked a step or two behind.
Yeah my bad, Teddy Thomas would've been unfair.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bowen showed multiple dimension to his game. Very steady head.
Tagg and Gibson were my best. The latter doing all the unseen 1%.

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would like to see the following team for NZ:

Tagg / Brown
Maka / Craig
Amone / Clark
Maiva
Faifua / Callan
Watts
Hough
Nofoagatatoa / Slack-Smith
Thomas / Wilson
Bowen / Gordon
Vaihu
Annan
Ripley
Lancaster / Dowling
Grealy

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Tim Fanganuku(?) - West no 1
Jake Tierney - UQ no 2
Jayden Christenson - Brothers no 3 would make a pretty handy front row. All have played in reds pathways teams.

Taine Riori - Easts No 8 or 5 - although is apparently with the squad at the sunshine coast
Lachlan Howse - GPS no 7 (6)
Michael Van der schefe - UQ no 4 (6)
Carsen Patu - Bond no 6 (2)
Tom Lynagh - UQ - 10 (15)

Appears the Reds academy didn't play any U20 games this year (or last) so the potential exposure of the cohort was not there for Nathan Grey to see.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Liked Zac Hough’s work and the starting front row. Bowen continues to impress me. NSW have some 10 talent!
Zac Hough spends too much time standing on the wing for mine. Prefer to have a seven that goes after the ball at the breakdown far more.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Appears the Reds academy didn't play any U20 games this year (or last) so the potential exposure of the cohort was not there for Nathan Grey to see.

There was sufficient video footage of u20s in 2021 in Queensland (premier colts was the premier colt comp because Shute shield got cancelled) - also gps rugby was premier school boy comp cause Sydney comp was canned.

Contracted reds players under the age of 20 made the u20 team so unsure what your point is?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jake Tierney - UQ no 2
Jayden Christenson - Brothers no 3 would make a pretty handy front row. All have played in reds pathways teams.

Taine Riori - Easts No 8 or 5 - although is apparently with the squad at the sunshine coast

way to go dad!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Bowen has all the fundamentals there for such a young man (I think he's still 18?) We've all seen too many players that have got to this level off pure natural ability then fail to kick on once playing with professionals.

Rae Rae

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jake Tierney - UQ no 2

Grey picked Tim Faingaanuku in one of the camps held last year. Is he still young enough this year?

Clearly Grey knows who he is.

There are 7 Reds players in the squad plus Hough, Nofoagatotoa, Gordon and Ripley have all relocated from Queensland for Super Rugby contracts so it is a bit rich to suggest that Queensland players are being ignored because Grey doesn't know about any of them.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

There was sufficient video footage of u20s in 2021 in Queensland (premier colts was the premier colt comp because Shute shield got cancelled) - also gps rugby was premier school boy comp cause Sydney comp was canned.

Contracted reds players under the age of 20 made the u20 team so unsure what your point is?
waratahs, brumbies, rebels and force U 20 played games that Grey and crew attended

Qld Reds were asked to provide a list of names as the only way Grey and crew could then watch film of.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Grey picked Tim Faingaanuku in one of the camps held last year. Is he still young enough this year?

Clearly Grey knows who he is.

There are 7 Reds players in the squad plus Hough, Nofoagatotoa, Gordon and Ripley have all relocated from Queensland for Super Rugby contracts so it is a bit rich to suggest that Queensland players are being ignored because Grey doesn't know about any of them.
all I said was there are other front rowers given the way the Argentineans towelled up ours in game one

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On a side note, does anyone know which players in this squad were still 18 at 1 January 2022 and will therefore be eligible for the 2023 Under 20 World Championship?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
On a side note, does anyone know which players in this squad were still 18 at 1 January 2022 and will therefore be eligible for the 2023 Under 20 World Championship?
I know Floyd Aubrey, Taj Annan, Mason Gordon and Teddy Wilson are.

Assuming the qualification for u18s last year was based on the same date that year then Max Craig, Nick Baker, Zac Hough and Jamie Clark will all still be eligible next year. Maybe others too, this is just based off of QLD and NSW under 18 squads from last year.