• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Good hit out for the U20s though. Playing against some blokes who were playing for Aus A a couple of years ago. Really good for the forwards.

Are there team lists for both? Did a guy like L Hooper play for Aus U20s or Runners?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good hit out for the U20s though. Playing against some blokes who were playing for Aus A a couple of years ago. Really good for the forwards.

Are there team lists for both? Did a guy like L Hooper play for Aus U20s or Runners?
Lachlan didn't play for the Runners, and nor did any of the Brumbies U20s players. I haven't seen a team list for the Aussie U20s, but as it was played here in Canberra I would expect a fair few of them would have been from the Brumbies.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
The final round of the Oceania Rugby U20 Challenger 2024 takes place on Wednesday 6 March with Tonga up against Moana Pasifika in the first game and unbeaten Fiji up against Samoa in the second

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Someone with a better knowledge of the calendar can probably enlighten my but I'm excited by the prospect of HMP leading the team around. Guys like this can take you a long way.

What makes me not as positive for this side is the chance the Reds say no as he's proving very valuable in Super Rugby which is a higher level.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is the time when Lawson and James will come back into contention for the squad. Wouldn’t be surprised if Turbo Lynagh is given a break from the grind at some point too.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Someone with a better knowledge of the calendar can probably enlighten my but I'm excited by the prospect of HMP leading the team around. Guys like this can take you a long way.

What makes me not as positive for this side is the chance the Reds say no as he's proving very valuable in Super Rugby which is a higher level.
To be fair the same thing happened with Jorgensen and we did fine without him. At least it gives another player a chance in that position to start.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Very true.

Love to have seen what could have happened with Jorgensen though. Current Super Rugby level play makers put into the 20s can be a big jump in standard for the team though.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I don't expect Harry McLaughlin-Phillips to be held back by the Reds. There's depth with Creighton there as coverage and O'Connor due back any week now. Traditionally they only really hold onto nailed in starters. Also, I think it's the ideal development path for them - a few weeks getting these good stints off the bench playing a role and getting a feel for the pro game, and then you go to the 20s for bulk minutes as a leader in that side. Those little opportunities to lead are vital for these guys stepping into that role down the track.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Just a point of difference guy in my opinion at that level. Through the trials and season so far I couldn’t be more impressed.

interested to see how the squad eventually pans out. I do think the NSW 18s last year had a number of guys that could push up onto the bench/wider squad. It is a jump but quality is quality. Some blokes like Fakafunua with the force academy is good enough IMO to push some Colts players out.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Thursday 14th March:

Melbourne Rebels Academy U20s v Western Force Academy,
The Grange Secondary College, VIC
(4:00pm)

Last edited:

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
1710333155746.png

1710333181129.png

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Force Academy team list

Starting XV: Rhys Pedley, Albert Alcock, Nick Ashdown, Josiah Marks, Caleb Karangaroa, Manaia Tetana, Dane Sawers, Zak Griffiths, Doug Phillipson, Henry James, Tiam Toufan, Boston Fakafanua, Oakley Pearce, Ryan McGloin, Finn Prass

Reserves: Lipina Ata, Max Sawers, AJ Preketes, Billy Turnbull, Deacon Seve, Kauri Tipene-Grace, Thomas Crofts, Peni Naqau, Brodie Mainwaring, Vaughn Robson

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Force Academy team list

Starting XV: Rhys Pedley, Albert Alcock, Nick Ashdown, Josiah Marks, Caleb Karangaroa, Manaia Tetana, Dane Sawers, Zak Griffiths, Doug Phillipson, Henry James, Tiam Toufan, Boston Fakafanua, Oakley Pearce, Ryan McGloin, Finn Prass

Reserves: Lipina Ata, Max Sawers, AJ Preketes, Billy Turnbull, Deacon Seve, Kauri Tipene-Grace, Thomas Crofts, Peni Naqau, Brodie Mainwaring, Vaughn Robson
Couldn’t find that team list anywhere …well done.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Last game of the U20 Academy Series this Saturday 23rd

ACT Brumbies Academy U20s v Melbourne Rebels Academy U20s,
Brumbies UC, ACT (12:05 pm)