• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
WOW

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/News/ArticleDetails/tabid/270/ArticleID/7419/Default.aspx

This year’s Walla Rugby Week has broken all-time registration records with numbers up more than 50% on last year’s record breaking amount across Australia, and an incredible 412% increase in Victoria

The home state of the RaboDirect Rebels has enjoyed an enormous surge in registrations, rising from 2057 students and 11 schools in 2011, to 8,469 students and 64 schools in 2012.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You should get attached!!!
I should but that's a conversation to have a different time.

This basically means more rugby clinics, akin to Auskick but during schooltime. While we can all agree this can only be a good thing and that there certainly will be more players taking up our game because of it I don't think it'll be too many more. If even 1 or 2% of these participants play the game properly for a club or a VSRU school in 2013 it'll be a massive win.

I think it's more a reflection of the funds available for this area rather than actual growth.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
I should but that's a conversation to have a different time.

Come and see us down by the lake, we could utilise more hands on deck!

Anyways, to this weekend's games and there could be some crackers again.

House v Quins (House playing for finals and Quins for 2nd)
Footscray v Box Hill (Doggies playing for 2nd and BH a chance for finals)
Southern v Melbourne (Souths out to disrupt an unbeaten season)
Uni v Endeavour (evenly matched and Uni have a point to prove)
Moorabbin v Boorondara (can only see Moorabbin winning easy here)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

There are plenty of clubs near lakes haha.

House V Quins is big, how come PH always lift at the end of the season? Do they jet guys in or do they just take ages to get started?

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
There are plenty of clubs near lakes haha.

House V Quins is big, how come PH always lift at the end of the season? Do they jet guys in or do they just take ages to get started?

Bring your swimmers, haha.

Where do I start? Usually takes us a whille to get going due to the turnover we have each season, plus have no grounds until May due to the F1 Grand Prix. Excuses maybe. We always have quality players, just a matter of them realising that they can win games and get momentum rolling. Their 1sts have also lost 5 games by less than 7 this season and have been in some close games that in past season they have won.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

That is going to be a huge game!

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Footscray 14 V Box Hill 5
Southern Districts 17 V Melbourne 71
Moorabbin 41 V Boroondara 5
Power House 17 V Harlequin 20
Melb Uni 61 V Endeavour Hills 7

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Footscray 14 V Box Hill 5
Southern Districts 17 V Melbourne 71
Moorabbin 41 V Boroondara 5
Power House 17 V Harlequin 20
Melb Uni 61 V Endeavour Hills 7

Tough game at Albert Park yesterday. House had 3 tries disallowed for some reason or another. BOth teams at it again next week at Quins.

EF your referees aren't doing a good job at "getting to know their customers".....the P1 ref (or any for that matter) hasn't been seen post match in the past 3 weeks, and he's listed as the no1 ref!

Melbourne and Moorabbin get the week off
Quins and House at Quins
Footscray and Souths at Footscray

G

G&GR News Bot

Harlequins withstood a spirited second half performance from Power House to seal third spot and a home qualifying final with a 20-17 win at a water-logged Albert Park on Saturday. Quins had all the running early winning three penalties in the first five minutes. A much improved lineout effort from the away side set up

Click this link to read the full article...

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
EF your referees aren't doing a good job at "getting to know their customers"...the P1 ref (or any for that matter) hasn't been seen post match in the past 3 weeks, and he's listed as the no1 ref!

Interesting, I know I haven't been to as many as I would like due to other commitments but I will at least try to stick around for the speeches.

Quins and House at Quins

Some interesting match ups, You would assume Quins will get over House which means they would play Moorabbin. Footscray Souths is going to be tough to pick.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
EF your referees aren't doing a good job at "getting to know their customers"...the P1 ref (or any for that matter) hasn't been seen post match in the past 3 weeks, and he's listed as the no1 ref!

Interesting, I know I haven't been to as many as I would like due to other commitments but I will at least try to stick around for the speeches.

Quins and House at Quins

Some interesting match ups, You would assume Quins will get over House which means they would play Moorabbin. Footscray Souths is going to be tough to pick.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Christ, what happened with Souths?
Apparently Melbourne just turned up to play, a little like they did in the semi final last year vs Moorabbin. When they decide to do that no one can handle them at all.

Game this weekend will be interesting, especially as Footscray and Quins are very soggy at the moment and Northern will be unplayable with any more rain.

Prem 1:
Quins v House
Footscray v Souths

Prem 2:
Moorabbin v Footscray
House v Endeavour

Prem 3:
House v Footscray
Moorabbin v Uni

Prem 4:
House v Moorabbin
Souths v Quins

Div2A:
Northern v Wyndham
Eltham v Geelong

Div2B:
Monash v Maroondah
Melbourne v Geelong

Colts:
Quins v Uni
Melbourne v Endeavour

BARC v Pucka
Bendigo v Cobram

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Oh, something you guys might be interested in.

I heard that a model quite similar to the one I suggested is being implemented (except with 4 Prems grades). Also that Uni is not a relegation risk.

Could be 3rd hand information that bares no resemblance to the truth, or it could be Boroondara/E.Hills that are getting the flick.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh, something you guys might be interested in.

I heard that a model quite similar to the one I suggested is being implemented (except with 4 Prems grades). Also that Uni is not a relegation risk.

Could be 3rd hand information that bares no resemblance to the truth, or it could be Boroondara/E.Hills that are getting the flick.

So did the info say we are having 10 clubs or 8 clubs in the Prem comp next year?

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)

Wouldn't assume anything. Souths will fold to Footscray from what we have seen in the past month or so, House v Quins will be a game and a half...last week was just a warm up. House had 2 tries not even considered and 2 held up, Quins were on the rope for a long time in that game and held on, going to be a great game in the mud at Holmesglen!

Status
Not open for further replies.