• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You've got your years mixed up, Boroondara beat House in the 3rds in 2009, Melbourne beat Boroondara (and everyone else in all other grades) in 2010. Not many other clubs have done this in Oz, I know Wests in Canberra did it..

It nearly happened last year too, if Uni didn't lose Colts and 1sts their 2nds wouldn't have had access to literally every qualified player in the club. Thank god it did.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
It nearly happened last year too, if Uni didn't lose Colts and 1sts their 2nds wouldn't have had access to literally every qualified player in the club. Thank god it did.
Did every player play for 2nd grade throughout the year? I thought you had to qualify for each grade and not just for the club.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Did every player play for 2nd grade throughout the year? I thought you had to qualify for each grade and not just for the club.

It's not as many games as you'd think, 6-8 I believe. Also, if you qualify for a lower team you can play up.

Uni had a heap of Colts and were happy to give them a smattering of 2nds and 1st grade games. It's pretty common in a season of 20 or so rounds that a handful of 1st graders would have picked up enough 2nds games.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
It's not as many games as you'd think, 6-8 I believe. Also, if you qualify for a lower team you can play up.

Uni had a heap of Colts and were happy to give them a smattering of 2nds and 1st grade games. It's pretty common in a season of 20 or so rounds that a handful of 1st graders would have picked up enough 2nds games.

50% of games or 5 of the last 9 games. Players can play finals for the grade they qualify in or above.

Will be interesting to see who Endeavour Hills roll out in 2nds this weekend, their 1sts started losing a lot of games towards the back end of the season.

doleq

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone going to this weekend's games? I just got work that is going to keep me away from the games on Saturday. Maybe we can put a composite piece together for the front page? I'm pretty new to Melb and the vru, but have been quite impressed by some of the rugby of late.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I'll be at the Div 2A semi, Eltham vs Geelong.

I typically do twitter coverage for any game I'm at.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Damn. They've made some late changes to the grounds.

The Eltham game is out at Melton, no can do.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Damn. They've made some late changes to the grounds.

The Eltham game is out at Melton, no can do.
I would hazard a guess that there are more changes on their way. The referee appointments are up to version 3 already and they hinted that we may hit version 5 if things don't settle down with changes.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
I would hazard a guess that there are more changes on their way. The referee appointments are up to version 3 already and they hinted that we may hit version 5 if things don't settle down with changes.

V4 is up on the website already.....

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
House 32 - Quins 5
Footscray 32 - Souths 12

Next week: House play Melbourne, Footscray play Moorabbin

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Uni v Quins colts was a cracker of a game. Very even in the 1st half, finished 14-12 to Quins but then 3 tries in the first 10 minutes to Uni in the 2nd half meant that Quins could never recover and Uni won 43-21.

All the senior results from yesterday:

Premier 1
Harlequin 5 V Power House 32
Footscray 32 V Southern Districts 12

Premier 2
Moorabbin 59 V Footscray 11
Power House 6 V Endeavour Hills 22

Premier 3
Power House 14 V Footscray 24
Moorabbin 45 V Melb Uni 17

Div 2A
Northern 20 V Wyndham City 15
Eltham 32 V Geelong 15

Div 2B
Melbourne 5 V Geelong 5
Monash Uni 27 V Maroondah 12

Country
BARC 82 V Puckapunyal 0
Bendigo 46 V Deniliquin 5

Colts
Melb Uni 43 V Harlequin 21
Melbourne 19 V Endeavour Hills 29

Women
Power House 12 V Northern 13
Box Hill 17 V Endeavour Hills 44

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Wish they'd hurry up and release the fixture for the weekend.

Need to work out which game I can make.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Kronic, this was up on our FB site yesterday....

Attachments

• 2012SeniorSFs_Premier,PFs_2ndDiv,Womens,Colts&Cntry1_Sept[1].pdf
    231.9 KB · Views: 356

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Wish they'd hurry up and release the fixture for the weekend.

Need to work out which game I can make.
Maroondah also has all of the junior games with the 18s semis being the draw cards there IMO.

Eltham v Moorabbin and Quins v Endeavour. The 18s grade has been very tight all year and I don't expect anything different.

Status
Not open for further replies.