• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
^^^ Earlier in the week, @Cardiffblue was bemoaning the fact that Cementhead had not said something silly.

Never one to disappoint, it is better late than never.
I know that many coaches consider that there is little they can do in the final minutes before a match but I couldn't help but notice that WG seemed to spend much of the warm-up looking down towards the Wallaby end. I wouldn't want to offer an opinion that he was paying more attention to the Wallabies than to his own team but if someone were to venture an opinion along those lines I wouldn't disagree. Ah, coaches were ever a strange lot.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Gatland: Folau try was a forward pass and Cooper tackle was a penalty try.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25172028

I honestly can't believe this... The thing I would be disputing is the fact Barnes didn't let the TMO give his verdict.

There is no way that pass was forward if you consider the fact that folau was moving forward, so the ball is moving forward when he passes it. If he stops, the ball is still travelling forward and it looks bad. Pretty basic physics. Left the back of his hands, thats all that matters.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Wow, what a game. I'm a very proud Wallabies fan at the moment. Every bloke stood up in what was nothing short of a complete team performance. I also thought Mowen had a blinder. His best Wallaby game since the Lions. He led from the front.

Those Welsh hits in the phases before the Izzy try were a thing of beauty. With those big backs, Wales are bloody dangerous wnen they get on the front foot. Seems like they make yards with ease. I thought the Welsh covering defense on the fringes were also sensational.

I can't wait to watch that game again.

rams

Stan Wickham (3)
Great game of rugby by both teams. I wish everyone would stop moaning about the referees, sound like a bunch of sore losers which is ironic considering we won. you win some decisions you lose some, it generally evens out in the end. Outstanding tour by Moore, player of the tour.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Similar happened to the Rebels v Force in Perth this year. JOC (James O'Connor) passed a quick ball to Woodward to get some meat. You could see JOC (James O'Connor)'s hands throwing ball in backwards motion, ball was received behind the passer (marginally, I accept) but the main thing to see was the hands were moving in a backwards motion. It was sent upstairs and sadly on the night the TMO didn't agree with my expert opinion on the matter.

Guess it just comes does to referee discretion, even through the rules are fairly clear on this.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Gatland is a dick.

IMO quade was harshly done to. It was a touch and go penalty. No way a card. What a dick. Saying a penalty try hours of been awarded. The bloke is sad.

No forward pass either. Defiantly backwards out of the hand and drifted forward with the momentum.

I know everyone's opinion on the so called forward pass but what's everyone's opinion on quades yellow?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Gatland is a dick.

IMO quade was harshly done to. It was a touch and go penalty. No way a card. What a dick. Saying a penalty try hours of been awarded. The bloke is sad.

No forward pass either. Defiantly backwards out of the hand and drifted forward with the momentum.

I know everyone's option on he so called forward pass but what's everyone's opinion on quades yellow?

Completely soft and unnecessary card. Guess that what happens when you play wayne barnes lottery.

Then again what about the card for Beggar before the half? Maybe he was trying to balance with some weird type of consistency. Certainly wasn't reflected in the first 40 penalty count.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Did anyone else think Benn Robinson may have found his long lost identical twin playing at THP for Wales?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

The replacement? God he was huge - I think I found the guy who ate all the pies. Just a scrummaging machine, but I reckon his work around the park may be a little weak. Imagine him against your new boy Johnson Falefa - like crashing two polar bears together.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would say Link has been the major instigator behind Quade's development. It's fairly simple, Dean's didn't know how to manage players. I actually think he was a good coach, but he clearly didn't know how to handle explosive young talent once it got out of hand. This is as much Link's victory as it is Quade's. They have both worked tirelessly to improve his game, attitude and rapport with the rugby public since Link first took up the reds in 2010, and now Ewen is reaping the benefits. Credit where credit is due, that man knows how to get the best out of his players.

Agree.... After match Footage Showed Link and Cooper with Smiles and Man Hug. Hopefully this is sign and we will see Quade end his Rugby Career with the REDS and ARU.

One the Wallabies..

Its as nice Feeling once again looking forward to a Wallabies Game...
And This win has Put us back into 3 spot in the Rankings, so even though we lost against the Poms we Still finished the end of the year Above them...

Great effort from the boys and a Massive Turn around in such a short time. Future is looking great, and Im back on board... I was lost there for a few years and a negative prick and grumpy fan seeing the same old boring shit...

Im Back now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.