• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If he is already in lock-down/isolation as above then it shouldn’t make a difference, should it?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If he is already in lock-down/isolation as above then it shouldn’t make a difference, should it?

Do we know where he is??? If he is in Perth okay, if he is not in Perth, how will he get there. Qld is going to be in lockdown for a while now, I am pretty sure.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
What was the feedback on Samu playing 7s - unfortunately I didn’t get to watch any of the games.

Kerevi has already proven at test level he can bust through even the best defenders with his size and power. His problems have always been around his passing decisions/ball retention and his defensive decision making.

I’d assume he would have had to really improve in both those areas to make the 7s squad. What is the wider view?

I thought he was one of our better players, on socials looks like he is in isolation in Sydney. Because he is in hotel quarantine he will be allowed to leave & go into any state regardless of border restrictions after his 14 days. You would think that if Rennie wants him he would meet the squad in Perth.

Obvs QC (Quade Cooper) counts as a 60+ so Rennie could pick Kerevi, QC (Quade Cooper) & Duncan in the same 23. If any Kerevi or Duncan sign a future RA contract they would then fall under the same rule as Nic White at the RWC19

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think the Giteau rule is just an arbitrary requirement that they can move and bend to suit their needs, i wouldn’t worry about qualification criteria. If Rennie wants him he will get him(assuming he is available).

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think centre is our big issue. I'd want a lock and a LHP to back up Slipper before I wanted Kerevi back.

The Wallabies biggest issue by far is in the centres. They aren't really getting direction in attack or defense - nor do they have someone like Kerevi that can reliably straighten and make solid metres.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Wallabies biggest issue by far is in the centres. They aren't really getting direction in attack or defense - nor do they have someone like Kerevi that can reliably straighten and make solid metres.

In my opinion they need some quality locks and another prop. Let they guys who will be there long term develop.

In saying that I wouldn't say no to Kerevi, I just wouldn't pin my hopes on him.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
In my opinion they need some quality locks and another prop. Let they guys who will be there long term develop.

In saying that I wouldn't say no to Kerevi, I just wouldn't pin my hopes on him.

Where would you say our weakness in prop is? I think our depth chart is actually quite strong at prop

LHP Slipper>Bell>Sio>Robertson>Orr
THP Tupou>Ala'alatoa>Pone>Holmes>HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Bell gets dicked at scrum time, I want him in the squad and to be training against Tupou, but I want our back up behind Slipper not to be a risk at scrum time. I'm hopeful Sio and Robertson can deliver that, but we'll see.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bell gets dicked at scrum time, I want him in the squad and to be training against Tupou, but I want our back up behind Slipper not to be a risk at scrum time. I'm hopeful Sio and Robertson can deliver that, but we'll see.

I think Sio is an great LHP and more hten able to handle his own at an international level. He may not excel there but warrants selection there. I don't think the NZ TH's are their strong point, but I would be more comfortable having Sio scrumming against the SA contingent.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think Sio is an great LHP and more hten able to handle his own at an international level. He may not excel there but warrants selection there. I don't think the NZ TH's are their strong point, but I would be more comfortable having Sio scrumming against the SA contingent.

Sio has been pants lately

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seems pretty unlikely Rennie wouldn't be thinking that his top 4 props are even clearer after the French series. I can't imagine he wouldn't be happy with any of them.

Bell is progressing very well.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Issue is really that 3rd string tight head. There is some potential there but I don't think any of our options are quite ready to step up to test match level. Particularly exacerbated by the weakness at hooker and the fact that Tupou and Ala'alatoa are two of our best and most important players.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I like Paisami and Ikitau in the centres and think Petaia still has lots to add, wont be surprise to see him back as our first choice 13 by the end of the year. The French didn't beat us thought the centre channels.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I like Paisami and Ikitau in the centres and think Petaia still has lots to add, wont be surprise to see him back as our first choice 13 by the end of the year. The French didn't beat us thought the centre channels.
I don’t mind them either, although we did lack penetration and the French centres definitely had a lot more impact in the first two games than ours did. But I think they will improve with time as will Lolesio. As will, hopefully, our kicking game, our breakdown effectiveness, our support play and all the little bits and pieces which make a difference at that level.

I do think an observation that our centres impact is bigger then the standard of our third string props is a fair assessment.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don’t mind them either, although we did lack penetration and the French centres definitely had a lot more impact in the first two games than ours did. But I think they will improve with time as will Lolesio. As will, hopefully, our kicking game, our breakdown effectiveness, our support play and all the little bits and pieces which make a difference at that level.

I do think an observation that our centres impact is bigger then the standard of our third string props is a fair assessment.

Is that what we employ a coach for? General improvement over all of those areas ought to see Rennie appointed for life.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Issue is really that 3rd string tight head. There is some potential there but I don't think any of our options are quite ready to step up to test match level. Particularly exacerbated by the weakness at hooker and the fact that Tupou and Ala'alatoa are two of our best and most important players.

Pone Fa'aumasili is built like Andrew Sheridan, he caused us a lot of grief. Here's hoping.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Its also really about getting probably Pone some experience or who ever is 3rd in line.. Hopefully next few years he pressures AAA and Tupou..