• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wondered the same. What would be his quarantine requirements? Presumably the same as NZs returning athletes, whatever that is.

A) He will either stay in Japan, enjoy some Olympics then prepare for his season
B) Come to Australia (maybe straight to perth if possible?) to prepare for the last Bledisloe and onwards
C) Enjoy some Olympics then come to Australia to prepare for Rugby Champs.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
A) He will either stay in Japan, enjoy some Olympics then prepare for his season
B) Come to Australia (maybe straight to perth if possible?) to prepare for the last Bledisloe and onwards
C) Enjoy some Olympics then come to Australia to prepare for Rugby Champs.

I believe for bio security reasons athletes have to leave japan shortly after their event is finished, I'd say he prob would be back in aus by the weekend.

Hopefully he can be selected by the Perth test, I highly doubt he would be going straight to NZ if he is not in the squad.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Dope. Put him against Paisami and see if we're missing anything.

How does this look for a potential Wallabies' Rugby Championship 23?

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Aalaatoa
4. Rodda
5. Philipp
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. O'Connor
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Vunivalu
15. Hodge/Banks

16. Bell
17. Uelese
18. Tupou
19. Salakaia-Loto
20. Valetini
21. McDermott
22. Paia'aua
23. Petaia

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Aalaatoa
4. Rodda
5. Philipp
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. O'Connor
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Vunivalu
15. Hodge/Banks

16. Bell
17. Uelese
18. Tupou
19. Salakaia-Loto
20. Valetini
21. McDermott
22. Paia'aua
23. Petaia

White should play in the last 20 minutes with McDermott starting.
Why? Well look at Jake Gordon who started in the first test against France,
he played poorly because he was coming back from an injury and hadn't had time to adjust to test rugby.
The same in all likely hood would apply to White.
Irrelevant of how much training he's done.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Aalaatoa
4. Rodda
5. Philip
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. O'Connor
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Vunivalu
15. Hodge/Banks

16. Bell
17. Uelese
18. Tupou
19. Salakaia-Loto
20. Valetini
21. McDermott
22. Paia'aua
23. Petaia

I don't think Rodda deserves a spot over Swain after the French series.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. Aalaatoa
4. Rodda
5. Philipp
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. O'Connor
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Vunivalu
15. Hodge/Banks

16. Bell
17. Uelese
18. Tupou
19. Salakaia-Loto
20. Valetini
21. McDermott
22. Paia'aua
23. Petaia
I'd swap Kerevi and Paisami. No way Rodda gets in ahead of Swain at this point.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rodha, I agree with emuarse re Tate and White swapping around. And for the same reason, I'd be worried about starting JOC (James O'Connor) in Perth, since he will have had 2-3 months without a game, assuming he doesn't play in NZ. I would have Quade start the game, with JOC (James O'Connor) off the bench instead of Paia'aua.

Also, did LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) play better than Swain? I have no opinion on that and don't know their stats. And I thought Naisarani played well enough to keep his spot.

Just baiting the Quade-haters. If JOC (James O'Connor) can't get game fitness at club level, start with Lolesio and bring JOC (James O'Connor) off the bench.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He said RC not Bledisloe but in the end I think that White / JOC (James O'Connor) come back by the bench when fit, same with anyone out for a while. E.G. Petaia others...

I don't think Rodda gets a start just yet either. Mostly Id stick with the last Test Team with some strategic changes.. Maybe Wilson in for Isi and probably bring Wright back in on the wing..

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Rodda gave an interview earlier this week where he's mentioned his fitness isn't up to the level expected at international level. Which is due to a combination of the NH focusing more on physicality and Rodda coming back, quarantining and not expecting to play in the RC.

Unless there's an injury, I wouldn't expect him in the 23 for the next two games, but you'll probably see him sometime in the RC.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I believe for bio security reasons athletes have to leave japan shortly after their event is finished, I'd say he prob would be back in aus by the weekend.

Hopefully he can be selected by the Perth test, I highly doubt he would be going straight to NZ if he is not in the squad.

Considering Kerevi's career is based in Japan he probably just has to leave the Olympic village but surely not his home?

Regardless I reckon he will return to Australia and jump into the RC squad.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Considering Kerevi's career is based in Japan he probably just has to leave the Olympic village but surely not his home?

Regardless I reckon he will return to Australia and jump into the RC squad.

He could do, but if he sniff's out a few more caps he'll be on the flight back with the rest of the 7's squad