• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm not sure how you can leave Paisami out, Ikitau has been good again this year but not every game Paisami has been the standout this season IMO.

I agree that Paisami has been excellent, but I think Ikitau has been the better 13 where as Paisami has really stood out at 12, which means you have to pick either him or To'omua there.

Despite being a Rebels fan, I'd probably go Paisami with To'omua on the bench as 10/12 cover.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree that Paisami has been excellent, but I think Ikitau has been the better 13 where as Paisami has really stood out at 12, which means you have to pick either him or To'omua there.

Despite being a Rebels fan, I'd probably go Paisami with To'omua on the bench as 10/12 cover.

You really don't though.

It depends what Rennie wants. Rennie picked Paisami at both 12 and 13 last year and I highly doubt he'll limit his selections to purely where players have played in Super Rugby in 2021.

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nice to have challenges ie fitting Petai, Paisami, To’omua and ikatau into a backline. Lot to like about To’omua and paisami at 12, Paisami, ikatau and Petai still all vying for 13 for me but yes no doubt blinded by good things Petai down in last 2 games to make me blind to the bad things as when he gets it right he has serious X factor that seen to me since Folau days...

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)

Paisami has played 13 for the first 2 games this season and looked pretty good there also. I think Rennie will go JOC (James O'Connor) 10 MT 12 like he did for the first games last year and I think Paisami will be first picked at 13 but my opinions rarely translate to test selections.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If people are going for a first test v France wallabies team here is my effort

1 Slipper
2 Kaitu’u
3 Tupou
4 LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5 Philip (should be available)
6 Valetini
7 Hooper
8 Wilson
9 White
10 To'omua
11 Koroibete
12 Paisami
13 Ikitau
14 Daugunu
15 Hodge

16 Bell
17 Mafi
18 AAT
19 Hosea
20 Samu
21 McDermott
22 Lolesio
23 Petaia

I’m not convinced on the hookers, wouldn’t surprise me to see Hanson get a spot if he finishes the season well and recommits to Aus rugby for next year.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
If you take his goal kicking out of the equation (and JOC (James O'Connor) & Lolo have been very good too), and To'omua is probably the 3rd flyhalf. And Paisami is easily the form 12 or 13. I think To'omua gets that bench utility role. If Hodge can play 15 for the Rebels for a length of time then he'll be a shoe in for the Wallabies job.

Campbell has been the form 15, but really just doesn't have the physicality for Test Rugby.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)

1 Slipper
2 Kaitu’u
3 Tupou
6 Valetini
7 Hooper
8 Wilson
9 White
10 To'omua
11 Koroibete
12 Paisami
13 Ikitau
14 Daugunu
15 Hodge

16 Bell
17 Mafi
18 AAT
19 Hosea
20 Samu
21 McDermott
22 Lolesio
23 Petaia

I’m not convinced on the hookers, wouldn’t surprise me to see Hanson get a spot if he finishes the season well and recommits to Aus rugby for next year.

1 Slipper
2 Kaitu’u
3 AAAAAAAAAAA
5 Philip
6 Valetini
7 Hooper
8 Wilson
9 White
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 Koroibete
12 To'omua
13 Paisami
14 Wright
15 Banks

16 Sio
17 Mafi
18 Tupou
19 Hosea
20 Uru
21 McDermott
22 Lolesio
23 Petaia

I don't like Lolesio warming the pine unless he is going to be given game time, otherwise he is a shit bench spot and someone like Hodge has to be there.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Game 1 against France.

1) Robertson
2) BPA
3) Tupou
4) LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5) Phillip
6) Samu
7) McReight
8) Wilson
9) White
10) JOC (James O'Connor)
11) Koroibete
12) Paisami
13) Ikitau
14) Daugunu
15) Hodge

16) Mafi
17) Slipper
18) AAA
19) Hosea
20) Uru
21) McDermott
22) To'omua
23) Petaia

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

1 Slipper
2 Kaitu’u
3 Tupou
6 Valetini
7 Hooper
8 Wilson
9 White
10 To'omua
11 Koroibete
12 Paisami
13 Ikitau
14 Daugunu
15 Hodge

16 Bell
17 Mafi
18 AAT
19 Hosea
20 Samu
21 McDermott
22 Lolesio
23 Petaia

That’s the team.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Game 1 against France.

1) Robertson
2) BPA
3) Tupou
4) LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5) Phillip
6) Samu
7) McReight
8) Wilson
9) White
10) JOC (James O'Connor)
11) Koroibete
12) Paisami
13) Ikitau
14) Daugunu
15) Hodge

16) Mafi
17) Slipper
18) AAA
19) Hosea
20) Uru
21) McDermott
22) To'omua
23) Petaia

You lost me at Robertson

Morphett22

Bob McCowan (2)
What does anybody think about a potential Smokey of Anstee in the 20 jumper with a view to him playing 7? He’s a bit too light for a test 6 to me but he’s got the pace and the breakdown game to play 7 and would give us a jumping option at 7, especially if he’s paired with Valetini. Just thinking out loud needed somewhere to write this down, as you were.