• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I’ve got to say, Rennie is making some pretty brave calls bringing these guys back into Wallabies’ contention and I’m liking the results so far. It’s bringing the professionalism back to AU rugby where the fans can identify with the player’s names and engage with the sport again. How much money can we generate to keep a few of these guys here for Super Rugby? You would imagine they’re on double what we can offer now, but who wants to come home?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Based on what Rennie said

“It's a tough role from him because he is playing behind a skipper who is playing fantastic footy," he added.

"Sean gives you genuine cover, we are using Pete Samu at the moment with the genuine cover.

Looks like they see him as that Bench option like Pete - may over take Pete? BUT also Mcmahon might be the guy they choose at 7 if they choose to give Hoops a break for a game.
Samu been superb off the bench for last few games....Mcmahon because of players in front of him for 7 and lack of height for 6 made him not first choice when last in oz...it does seem 6 (but we lose a lineout jumper as not enough height) or 8. Anyhow Rennie I suspect will give him game time against Argentina to see what he offers.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I don't think McMahon quarantined for two weeks to join the squad to be behind Fraser McReight who hasn't seen a minute yet...

Wasn't he already in qld being off season for the Japan top league? I would assume he was brought in as cover because Isi has been released.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
How much money can we generate to keep a few of these guys here for Super Rugby? You would imagine they’re on double what we can offer now, but who wants to come home?
interesting point about cost, Coper said in an interview he (and the others ?) were being paid by their current employers, the clubs ie Kintetsu, not RA.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wasn't he already in qld being off season for the Japan top league? I would assume he was brought in as cover because Isi has been released.
No he wasn't already here

Isi might have got an early release, but there is still Valetini, Swinton, Samu and Leota in that 6/8 space. I think they just wanted him in the squad for performance reasons and this is the first time he's been allowed to be invited with eligibility rules.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
interesting point about cost, Coper said in an interview he (and the others ?) were being paid by their current employers, the clubs ie Kintetsu, not RA.

He doesn't have an RA top up contract so I dare say because he is in camp he would be paid for that & a match payment on top.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Well Banks is definitely one change, and whilst Hodge would be one of the candidates he struggled in that position tonight.

I wouldn't be opposed to Kellawa or Petaia been used in that role

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rennie said JOC (James O'Connor) was a chance at fullback as his off times given him a chance to get his speed back looks like his fit.. but looks like we don't have a 2nd fullback in the squad who plays there consistently... I'd go JOC (James O'Connor)... And smokey Wright

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Be interesting to see how our defence goes against Arg.
I think it will be fine. The Boks tried to go wide much more this week without joy. Their passing was horrible. Not used to it I guess?
Of course there will be changes as some of these players have gone quite a few tests without a break.
I’d like to JOC (James O'Connor) at fullback, Petaia getting a start, Lolesio on the bench in the backs. In the forwards Pone on the bench if fit, Wilson and McMahon getting a run and Hooper only playing 40 mins. Maybe a start for Kaitu’u but his set piece is a little suspect.

Reactions: dru