• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Assuming the two THPs are available, and Hooper isn't, I'd go with:

1 Slipper
2 Fainga'a
3 Tupou
4 Philip
5 Swain
6 Leota
7 Samu
8 Valetini
9 McDermott
10 Lolesio
11 Daugunu
12 Paisami
13 Ikitau
14 Perese
15 Kellaway

16 Mcinerney
17 Bell
18 AAA
19 Arnold/Rodda
20 Swinton
21 White
22 Paia'uau

23 Wright.

Time to declare most of the Europe-based players a fail, so back to combinations that served us well at home. Rodda on the bench for a rest. Is Duncan Paia'uau still with the squad. If not, then JOC (James O'Connor), but his time really has run out. White also on the decline so now we should concentrate on developing the McDermott/Lolesio combination. Quade back in contention when available.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Would much prefer Samu over CF. If only for the reason that Samu could move on if never given an opportunity.
I also think the introduction of foreign based players needs more forethought and transparency from all sides. It seemed policy on the fly this time around.

Last edited:

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
If that was a schoolboy team making that level of mistakes, I'd say they hadn't done enough opposed training. Those split second decisions leading to a tip tackle, passes going to the opposition, and support players slow off the mark to get to the breakout runner are indicative of lack of cohesion when under pressure.
But our guys do train extensively so it seems it is the quality of the players we must look at.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
A bit of history about what was, coulda or shoulda.
I've gathered no Super Rugby ruck data since the WF was axed in 2017.
Australian Rugby has lost so much talent OS.
The poor decision making by RAu and Wallaby selection continues.
It would be good to know who really makes the selections.
Screenshot 2021-11-14 145251.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)

1 Slipper
2 Fainga'a
3 Tupou
4 Philip
5 Swain
6 Leota
7 Samu
8 Valetini
9 McDermott
10 Lolesio
11 Daugunu
12 Paisami
13 Ikitau
14 Perese
15 Kellaway

16 Mcinerney
17 Bell
18 AAA
19 Arnold/Rodda
20 Swinton
21 White
22 Paia'uau

23 Wright.

Time to declare most of the Europe-based players a fail, so back to combinations that served us well at home. Rodda on the bench for a rest. Is Duncan Paia'uau still with the squad. If not, then JOC (James O'Connor), but his time really has run out. White also on the decline so now we should concentrate on developing the McDermott/Lolesio combination. Quade back in contention when available.
I like this team BR. Although I’d still keep JOC (James O'Connor) on the bench.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wouldn’t mind seeing Perese at 12 and have Paisami running off him. Otherwise that’s the team I’d roll with.

EDIT. Petaia over Wrigh

A bit of history about what was, coulda or shoulda.
I've gathered no Super Rugby ruck data since the WF was axed in 2017.
Australian Rugby has lost so much talent OS.
The poor decision making by RAu and Wallaby selection continues.
It would be good to know who really makes the selections.
View attachment 12757
the irrelevance of this is just astounding.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I would make big changes for Wales, nothing to lose really.
9. White, 10. Lolesio, 11. Wright, 12. JOC (James O'Connor), 13. Perese, 14. Daugunu, 15. Kellaway
21. McDermott, 22. Paisami, 23. Ikatau
White and Lolesio should be able to work together, and having White and JOC (James O'Connor) around him gives him experience and a second playmaker. Daugunu and Perese give us some genuine attacking weapons. Wright is there because we don't have anyone else. Foketei at 11 maybe??

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I would make big changes for Wales, nothing to lose really.
9. White, 10. Lolesio, 11. Wright, 12. JOC (James O'Connor), 13. Perese, 14. Daugunu, 15. Kellaway
21. McDermott, 22. Paisami, 23. Ikatau
White and Lolesio should be able to work together, and having White and JOC (James O'Connor) around him gives him experience and a second playmaker. Daugunu and Perese give us some genuine attacking weapons. Wright is there because we don't have anyone else. Foketei at 11 maybe??
I quite like this but I doubt Foketi has played a minute on the wing in his pro career. He was Aus schools #10 x 2 years, and pretty much in the centres since. One of Wright or Beale will probably have to stay by default.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

1 Slipper
2 Fainga'a
3 Tupou
4 Philip
5 Swain
6 Leota
7 Samu
8 Valetini
9 McDermott
10 Lolesio
11 Daugunu
12 Paisami
13 Ikitau
14 Perese
15 Kellaway

16 Mcinerney
17 Bell
18 AAA
19 Arnold/Rodda
20 Swinton
21 White
22 Paia'uau

23 Wright.

If Lolesio starts, white to start, if JOC (James O'Connor) starts McDermett

They compliment each other and have played more together (White's experience, McDermett's dynamism each add something lacking to the respective combinations)

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Foketi has started on the wing at the Tahs once or twice, having said that I was just clutching at straws, I would probably stick with Wright.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Foketi has started on the wing at the Tahs once or twice, having said that I was just clutching at straws, I would probably stick with Wright.
We have wingers in the squad, while we do, they are better, more experienced options for a test match

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
A positve; the backrow is developing, the Victorian Robs look good at this level and are growing. Get Pistol Pete in there for an all-Victorian back row this weekend if Hoops can't play ;)

I would be drawing a line in the sand and only playing Quade (when available) or Noah at 10 moving forward. If Harrison or Gordon come from the stars to look an option before 2023, power to them, otherwise get game time into the two best options.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Hooper and Kerevi both nominated for world player of the year, alongside Maro Itoje and Antoine Dupont. Unfortunately World Rugby have decided to go with a fan voted award, so instead of Hooper getting the recognition he deserves I expect Itoje will be narrowly beaten to the post by Joe Launchbury.

Voting is available here: https://www.world.rugby/tournaments/awards/fan-vote

1636972193338.png

Joe Launchbury is stoked to accept the first fan voted world player of the year award.