• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Pretty huge injury ward too. Do we have anyone injured from our first XV?
Rodda the only definitely injured starter I think. A few on the fringe like Mafi and Swinton and those with a slight injury cloud like Tupou but we're in a pretty good place at this stage.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pretty huge injury ward too. Do we have anyone injured from our first XV?
Tupou maybe.
Rodda is out for 3 months.
JOC (James O'Connor) is seemingly always has niggles now.
Swinton been out all year pretty much.
Perese is probably fine by now.
Porecki been dealing with a neck issue.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I like the Wallabies social media at the moment, good to see all the boys in training camp.

Some of the techniques they’re using though, I have to admit are making me laugh.

Instead of hovering a pool noodle above someone’s head when they go to catch a high ball, why don’t they get one of the other 30 odd squad members to actually run up and put real pressure on the catch?

And before all the comments from you lot start about “I think I’ll take Rennie’s methods over yours” - yes fair enough, but I also know how to catch a high ball and no one ever wiggled pool toys above my eyes.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Some of the techniques they’re using though, I have to admit are making me laugh.

Instead of hovering a pool noodle above someone’s head when they go to catch a high ball, why don’t they get one of the other 30 odd squad members to actually run up and put real pressure on the catch?

And before all the comments from you lot start about “I think I’ll take Rennie’s methods over yours” - yes fair enough, but I also know how to catch a high ball and no one ever wiggled pool toys above my eyes.

for the same reason boxers don’t train by only sparring against partners, and revert to pads and bags during training. To improve technique in controlled environments, I.e. remove the risk of injury. I’m sure they’re doing live/opposed sessions as well.

I’m sure you can punch a bag also, doesn’t mean your technique can’t be improved.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
for the same reason boxers don’t train by only sparring against partners, and revert to pads and bags during training. To improve technique in controlled environments, I.e. remove the risk of injury. I’m sure they’re doing live/opposed sessions as well.

I’m sure you can punch a bag also, doesn’t mean your technique can’t be improved.

And let’s not assume that their entire preparation is accurately captured in a 4 min video.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sorry fellas am I not allowed to find the waving of pool noodles above rugby players heads amusing?

Let’s get back to debating Skelton’s inclusion for the 100th time…

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Tupou maybe.
Rodda is out for 3 months.
JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) is seemingly always has niggles now.
Swinton been out all year pretty much.
Perese is probably fine by now.
Porecki been dealing with a neck issue.

Poor bloke has the body of an 80 yo lol